Home

Playoff Roster and Injuries

This is a discussion on Playoff Roster and Injuries within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Playoff Roster and Injuries

Okay so I am playing MLB14 but still on PS3 so I don't know if this makes a difference.

G. Laird my backup C and S. Van Slyke (both trade line deals) got hurt Mid-Sept.

Now that September is over and my team (the M's) made the playoffs I am without a backup C and a bench player for the playoffs because the CPU won't let me replace them on the playoff roster.

Has anyone ran across this same problem and know how to fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
Rookie

sluggbugg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Playoff Roster and Injuries

I ran into a similar problem. Jordan Scheffer (sp?) came off the IR during the first playoff series and it said I could put him back on the roster between series. When the WCS rolled around I still couldnt add him. Had to play the whole series a man down. :-/ This was on the PS4.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:21 PM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Okay so I am playing MLB14 but still on PS3 so I don't know if this makes a difference.

G. Laird my backup C and S. Van Slyke (both trade line deals) got hurt Mid-Sept.

Now that September is over and my team (the M's) made the playoffs I am without a backup C and a bench player for the playoffs because the CPU won't let me replace them on the playoff roster.

Has anyone ran across this same problem and know how to fix it.
Whoever is on the 25 man roster or DL as of August 31 is supposed to be eligible.

Now you say it won't let you REPLACE them on the playoff roster....but you can only replace a player who is on the playoff roster and THEN injured.
Is that what you are saying it won't let you do?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 07-30-2014, 12:42 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Whoever is on the 25 man roster or DL as of August 31 is supposed to be eligible.

Now you say it won't let you REPLACE them on the playoff roster....but you can only replace a player who is on the playoff roster and THEN injured.
Is that what you are saying it won't let you do?

M.K.
Knight165
My problem is they were part of the 25 man roster on August 31.. They got hurt mid Sept when it was a 40 man roster. Now that Sept is over the 15 players called up are back in AAA and I am stuck with 23 healthy players on my player roster leaving me just 2 players on my bench and no backup catcher.

I tried leaving them on the D.L. but it won't let me replace them with anyone. I took them off the D.L. (Still hurt just not on the 15 day or 60 day) and still can't replace them.

Obviously the players were not hurt on August 31, so there was no need to have a 3rd catcher on the roster.

To me this falls in the catagory of the commish being able to grant those players being replaced by anyone in the organization as of August 31st, but the game doesn't allow that.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:39 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Okay so I figured it out. I had to go back to Sept 30th before the advancing to the playoffs, I moved, Laird and Van Slyke off the DL and was able to replace them with anyone I wanted who was on the 40 man roster.

It sucks because it changed who made the playoffs and it changed Corey Hart from hitting 50 Homeruns, (finished with 48 when I simmed), but at least my M's still got 100 wins and I will have a full roster for the playoffs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I'm glad you got it figured out.
There was an issue with this a few years back.....but I remember them fixing it(tabarnes19 was on this )...

As for the commissioners allowance.....I did ask for this(for those reading this...it is where the MLB commish can allow ANYONE in the organization ....regardless of 40 man status to be allowed to be put on the playoff roster in cases of injury during the playoffs)...but I'm guessing it would screw up call ups somehow as you don't have it in Spring Training either(this is where I was really asking for it...to use anyone during ST)
I'm guessing they would have to re-write that code(it could use it anyway........(more for call-ups on performance) and they just haven't had the chance to do it.

Thanks for getting back that you fixed it.....I was trying to get the same problem last night...but was unsure of your exact setup.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 07-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

One issue I am having (PS4) is that I was playing in the NLDS last year vs the Padres, and Allen Craig hurt himself to the point of having to be carried off the field and it mentioned he had a significant injury.

However after the game, he was just fine and wasn't even injured for 1-6 days.

Anyone else see this? Common problem?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »