Home

Less MLB The Show adverts in stadiums

This is a discussion on Less MLB The Show adverts in stadiums within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #9
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Less MLB The Show adverts in stadiums

I would love more generic ads....

...and.....if they bring back some of the GM options.....including obtaining sponsers and selling ad space....I would like to choose from ads that actually show up in your stadium.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #10
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

i wonder if a

"we think this is fake, it should be right? but then some person actually owns this and is sueing us"

situation is prevent it?

like --samuels toilets..rando off the top of my head but im sure someone in this world owns samuels toilets
Old 08-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #11
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

While it would be neat to have "crowd-sourced" adverts, I'm sure they have to go though Baseball in order to put it int he game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #12
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

The reason you see so many MLB The Show ads in the game is so that they can advertise the game itself, not to the person who purchased the game, but to anyone that sees screen caps, video, or any other media of the game.

It is their way of free advertising. Someone sees a 15 second clip of the game on YouTube and loves it so much that they need to get the game, right away they know what they are looking at. A late night talk show shows the host playing homerun derby but they never say what game, the screen will give it away in a heartbeat. Those kinds of instances are why we are stuck seeing what we see.

I agree with the notion that it is an eyesore and would be an improvement with even faked ads like previous baseball games have done, but it is what it is and that is their stated reasoning behind it.

Could you imagine The Show for PC with all of the mods?! That would truly be epic!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #13
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
i wonder if a

"we think this is fake, it should be right? but then some person actually owns this and is sueing us"

situation is prevent it?

like --samuels toilets..rando off the top of my head but im sure someone in this world owns samuels toilets
Samuels toilets rando huh?

That's pretty effing solid!
Old 08-03-2014, 02:45 AM   #14
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
They could hire a freelance graphic designer to create a bunch of fake ads for them. It wouldn't cost much and it wouldn't take up any time from the in house designers.

Hell, I work as a graphic designer and I would do them for free just to see my work in the game.
again can also use money to hire some people to get online up to par
Old 08-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

This problem is actually simply solved. The Show creators need to stop being so self promoting and let companies fill their pockets. REAL advertisers would pay the devs and publisher to put their ads in the game. Which personally I'd prefer because it keeps a more realistic feel...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #16
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubbs79
This problem is actually simply solved. The Show creators need to stop being so self promoting and let companies fill their pockets. REAL advertisers would pay the devs and publisher to put their ads in the game. Which personally I'd prefer because it keeps a more realistic feel...
I remember there was a game that did that (NHL 0-something, I think) and the ads were for things that you couldn't even read.

The thing is, we already pay $59.99+ for the game, and advertising is still everywhere in it. Do we really want the team to go all out for something that really doesn't add anything? It's to the point where I now go to the Ballpark and see everything sponsored by a company. It's really too much IRL; it shouldn't be that way in game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »