Home

RTTS Forced Errors (Picture Proof)

This is a discussion on RTTS Forced Errors (Picture Proof) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #1
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
RTTS Forced Errors (Picture Proof)

I have played a single game over and over again (Spring Training) because weird stuff had been happening:

At least 1 strikeout every single re-play, usually twice... usually on over/under swings in at-bats that feature questionable strike calls. These were frustrating, but understandable, since batters would be in a bad spot down in the count early. This isn't what made me re-play, since I had 3 strikeouts in the game before and moved on just fine.

This is what got to me: in every single re-play, I've had egregious errors where I either go into an animation and missed the ball by a foot (I understand these--fielding ratings matter) or times where I thought I was in position and still had an error... which caused me to finally hit the share button to see how I screwed up:

IMG_174559738088370.jpeg

IMG_174562165212394.jpeg

IMG_174455127034903.jpeg

From this point on, I didn't touch the left stick at all. I get there a while before the ball does. Looks like I'm in position, right?

IMG_173661940786125.jpeg

IMG_176552242661162.jpeg

Well, this is where the ball landed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

Re: RTTS Forced Errors (Picture Proof)

IMG_176481364517852.jpeg

Well, here, actually...
Old 08-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
Rookie

iMillennium412's Arena

OVR: 0

I guess the fielding rating determines on how well your player judges fly balls?
Old 08-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

Maybe, but I have never seen an error like that. I've seen ones where he misses a bit and it goes over his glove a little, but I've never seen one where the AI literally gave me no chance of catching it.

I have 66 fielding and 59 reaction, which is basically average, I suppose. I am tied for 4th-best fielding rating among our starters, tied with Castro. Bryant, Baez and Ruggiano all have ratings below 54, with Baez at 38 in LF (had to move him from SS before starting). Even then, it would make sense and be pretty cool if it was being tied to the fielding rating but, again, I played 1 full season and never had another error like it.

Looking at the roster, I'm 11th out of 22 position players on the 40. But I'd be 4th on the Brewers among 18 position players, tied with Aramis and 7 ticks ahead of Braun.

Last edited by allhailben7; 08-04-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

Just happened 2 games later. Then, the day after that, there's a fielding training session and it happened there.

Thing is, every one has been in literally the exact same spot on the field. No variety. Just a flyball 25 feet from the line, 5 feet into the warning track with the catch region 10-15 feet into the warning track. No chance to catch, always an error, always a ground rule double. Every time I get into the catch region, it does that specific animation and the ball goes under my glove and to the left.

Batting stats for this game: 0-3, 1 Walk, 2 K.

Last edited by allhailben7; 08-04-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #6
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

You still haven't said how many times you replayed the same game.

Playing the same game 2 or 3 times in a row and getting an error each time would be aggravating but not really "Forced." Playing the same game 15 or 20 times, each time getting a "questionable" error, that'd be more eyebrow raising.

I've personally had those types of errors show up in my offline franchise every now and again, and probably too often for flyballs to outfielders. I'm not sure if that's what you're complaining about, but they happen.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:42 AM   #7
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

I replayed the same game 5-7 times. The strikeouts were frustrating, since they were undermining my usually decent plate discipline (I now have 9 walks in 17 ST games). There were 2 instances in the string of games where a 1-2 or 2-2 strike went through my bat, which led me to rage quit.

The errors in the 1st game--a missed fly ball and a 'Poor Throw Decision' on a throw to the plate that beat the runner, but the catcher dropped--made me quit the first time. After an error happened again, I was determined to get through this one game cleanly, no matter how long it took. This particular error happened in a game where I went 0-4 with a K, but I had a HR rob in the 2nd (which made up the points) and a 6-pitch walk in the 5th and I decided to just move on.

I'm waiting until all my stats start turning yellow before I upgrade, so I'm not going to upgrade my fielding any time soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »