Home

Bought MLB: The Show for the first time ever

This is a discussion on Bought MLB: The Show for the first time ever within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: Bought MLB: The Show for the first time ever

My advice is to not listen to any one else's preferences, and just take a day or so to explore the game and figure out how YOU want to play it.

If you just copy someone else's ideal style, you risk skipping and never trying some aspect of the game you could have otherwise found to be incredibly satisfying.

Maybe you and Pure Analog hitting are a match made in heaven? Maybe quick counts will be the most fun you've ever had on a video game in your life?

Maybe not. But you won't know it if you just turn on the game, and immediately set it to All-Star, Zone hitting, Meter pitching, just because some guy on OS told you to... You won't know what you love until you give other possibilities a shot.

It's like flying to Paris and asking one random citizen for one ideal place to go, and going only there - nowhere else.

Maybe you'll have a decent trip... But that trip would be so much better if you take your time, and freely explore within the boundaries of one of the most beautiful cities on Earth.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #18
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

I didn't see anyone telling him to play this way or that way--or to even go to Paris? He was basically just looking for ideas based on how he already plays. Basics like most popular rosters and sliders, ya know?
Old 08-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #19
Rookie

MannTooth24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
I didn't see anyone telling him to play this way or that way--or to even go to Paris? He was basically just looking for ideas based on how he already plays. Basics like most popular rosters and sliders, ya know?
Someone took the Paris analogy a bit too literally lol
Old 08-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #20
MVP

rjackson's Arena

Sometimes I have a very literal sense of humor. For the record, Rome is the best place to just wander about and meet people.

Last edited by rjackson; 08-08-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
Isn't that what that is? A few users in this thread were telling him which hitting controls to use. A couple people told him which sliders to use... bla bla bla just let him do his thing.

(I know he's the one that asked, I'm not speaking against anyone in this thread...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #22
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OK. I just didn't really see what you are seeing. Believe me, Grog has been around for a long time and is a smart guy. He was just looking for a starting point. I just remember the name because he made me laught a lot--enough to remember 12 years later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »