Home

Customization in MLB The Show

This is a discussion on Customization in MLB The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Customization in MLB The Show

What customization options would you like to see in future editions of The Show?

Equipment Customization
More batting glove options
More cleat options
Multiple catcher's gear designs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Customization in MLB The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
What customization options would you like to see in future editions of The Show?

Equipment Customization
More batting glove options
More cleat options
Multiple catcher's gear designs
Normally I take a page out of 2k's older games, where customization was fantastic.
Selecting the web type of your glove is one http://www.allaboutbaseballgloves.co...ll-gloves-web/
Also, choosing the type of finger hole. Whether it be the wide open kind or the one where only the hole for the index finger is available, a la 1B gloves. More batting glove and cleat types would be nice as you said. I also had the idea of the type of finish on bats. You will often see bats where a finish will be more glossy compared to a non glossy finish. Hard to explain, but most pine bats have a non glossy finish. Bats like Marucci have a glossy finish and so on. Color of the barrel ring and pine tar being on the middle of the bat, instead of just the handle if you know what I'm saying. A lot of players keep the pine tar halfway up and don't have it all on the handle. The options for baggier pants and jerseys, longer or shorter jersey sleeves, open or buttoned top button on jerseys. Flip up glasses, edit length of wrist tape and have a longer wristband and armband option, necklaces, earrings, phiten bracelets, don't wanna keep rambling but I think it could be improved on.

Last edited by MauerMorneau09; 08-05-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerMorneau09
Normally I take a page out of 2k's older games, where customization was fantastic.
Selecting the web type of your glove is one http://www.allaboutbaseballgloves.co...ll-gloves-web/
Also, choosing the type of finger hole. Whether it be the wide open kind or the one where only the hole for the index finger is available, a la 1B gloves. More batting glove and cleat types would be nice as you said. I also had the idea of the type of finish on bats. You will often see bats where a finish will be more glossy compared to a non glossy finish. Hard to explain, but most pine bats have a non glossy finish. Bats like Marucci have a glossy finish and so on. Color of the barrel ring and pine tar being on the middle of the bat, instead of just the handle if you know what I'm saying. A lot of players keep the pine tar halfway up and don't have it all on the handle. The options for baggier pants and jerseys, longer or shorter jersey sleeves, open or buttoned top button on jerseys. Flip up glasses, edit length of wrist tape and have a longer wristband and armband option, necklaces, earrings, phiten bracelets, don't wanna keep rambling but I think it could be improved on.
The bold is what i want sooooooooooooooooooo bad, and i also don't see why it would be hard to include. I just want the players to look more like how they look in real life, and the way they wear their uniforms is a big part of that.

Also, kind of a stretch, but different undershirt options. For example the two toned ones:

Undershirts that are really low, look kind of ripped:

No undershirt:

Of course, those undershirt options are pretty much dependent on there being an option to wear your jersey unbuttoned, and kind of a stretch regardless, but one can hope anyways.

But really, i'd be beyond ecstatic just to see the bolded part of the quote up top be options in MLB 15: The Show.
-Baggier pants and baggier jersey options
-Tighter pants and tighter jersey options
-Unbuttoned Jerseys options (one button and two buttons)
-Longer wrist tape options
-Phitten necklaces
-Bracelets
-Lower stirrups on socks

Last edited by Factzzz; 08-08-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #4
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Also, there was a thread created last year by Ramone asking what create a player improvements and accessories improvents people wanted to see in MLB 14: The Show, but no improvements were made at all in terms of accessories.

Maybe the team had other things that needed to be focused on more, with the ps4 coming up and whatever, but hopefully this year they'll actually take things from that thread, since it was an actually thread by Russell_SCEA asking for feedback.

The title of the thread was: "MLB 14 Create a Player Improvement and Accessories Wish list," created by Russell_SCEA. It's in the last gen forum if anyone wants to check it out.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

just wondering but why cant we have tatoos? i feel like this would have been asked for 14132323 times so there must have been a reason given
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #6
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
just wondering but why cant we have tatoos? i feel like this would have been asked for 14132323 times so there must have been a reason given
There has been two different answers to that question:

- MLB doesn't want to have tattoos in their video games. I guess they think it's bad image or something

or....

- The Show uses the same arms for all of the players, so until each players get their own individual arms in the game, there won't be any tattoos

Old 08-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #7
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

While I can't divulge what will be different next year, I can tell you that un-buttoned jerseys is something that's not on the list.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #8
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
While I can't divulge what will be different next year, I can tell you that un-buttoned jerseys is something that's not on the list.
Definitely appreciate the response.

Sucks to hear that, hopefully it'll be on the list for MLB 16 the Show then, because it seems like more than half the league wears their jersey unbuttoned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »