Home

Do you plan on carrying over your franchise from MLB '14 to MLB '15?

This is a discussion on Do you plan on carrying over your franchise from MLB '14 to MLB '15? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you carry over your franchise from MLB '14 to MLB '15
Yes 36 43.90%
No 21 25.61%
Undecided 25 30.49%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Do you plan on carrying over your franchise from MLB '14 to MLB '15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
DEFINITELY!
It really gives me incentive to take my time with my franchise and pore over everything.
I'll probably get two years of games in ...before moving on...but to me...this is a phenomenal feature.

It's basically just a save transfer...so the biggest possibility of hiccups is in new additions being added to the game...but since patches don't need to restart franchises...I'm HOPING this will be the same.

M.K.
Knight165
That is my concern, the new additions to the game. Hopefully it will all work out.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
The only reason I'm playing franchise and every game is because of this feature.

If it falls through I won't buy MLB '15.
I will be very surprised if it falls through. I've never seen SCEA announce a feature and then not follow through. I'm confident they figured out how to program it before announcing it.

I think Russell mentioned they were considering something similar to a build-a-stadium feature but had too much to do in mlbts14 with the need to build 30 stadiums for the ps4. For me a nice addition would be to do that and combine it with the ability to relocate/rename a franchise and create a new logo, uniforms, etc while continuing a pre-existing franchise.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #19
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

You never seen SCEA announce something and not follow through? You must not play on the "built from the ground up new and improved online."
Old 08-08-2014, 02:46 AM   #20
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Ive never played a yearly release as much as this game. I still play it daily and its all because I can continue my franchise next year. Im so much more invested in my team knowing I dont have to start from scratch next year. Ive even gone and edited the draft picks for all the teams at the start of my second season to keep it as real as possible.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:43 AM   #21
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

I want this to work out so bad but I am concerned about the schedules in the following years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #22
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
You never seen SCEA announce something and not follow through? You must not play on the "built from the ground up new and improved online."
and that universal profile to be added in a CPU/AI spot lmao fail
Old 08-08-2014, 10:01 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I guess it really depends on what the Mets do in the off season. If they make any big moves, I'm going to want to see them in the franchise I'm playing. So as long as I can replicate their off season, which I should be able to do, I'll carry it over.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

100% I'm playing an offline franchise 'online' with another guy by sharing a profile and emailing it back and forth. We did one full season of the actual online franchise, but's it's not really that great, so we moved onto the offline method we're doing now.

We're nearing the All-Star break right now playing every single game. It's easily one of, if not the most fun franchise I've ever played in a sports game. It has plenty of depth and we all know how great the game plays and immerses you. It all just adds up.

We definitely plan on keeping this franchise going until we're forced to stop it. I'm excited for carrying it over as I can actually make trades for the future and have and will see those trades. I just brought in 3 prospect at 18, 20, and 22, all SP with A, B, and B potential in a trade where I gave up Mike Minor and one of my SP prospects. I won't even see the affects of this trade for probably a year or more in real life, but it has the potential to be a deadly trade if those guys progress like I would like and I can lock them up while they are cheap. The thought that in MLB 15 or 16 I would finally see these prospects and others I have brought in start to show up just makes the franchise even more exciting.

So yes, 100%!

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »