Home

Prospect Handling - Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Prospect Handling - Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #17
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Prospect Handling - Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by OReilly10
OK. So it seems the driving force is statistics, and Class A can be great for development. Good to know.

I like to typically go the Sim route, so I will progress my prospects at a realistic path. I also want to build a championship farm system.

I havent played any MiLB games yet, but I plan to play playoff games if they happen. Wouldnt rule out an occasional game here and there.
I find it a little more convenient to play a game on player lock with some of my prospects rather than a full game

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 08-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #18
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
I find it a little more convenient to play a game on player lock with some of my prospects rather than a full game
This is what I do too. I do it with guys like DJ Peterson (just promoted him to AA to end the season.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #19
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12

Guys in A get stats? I checked it out and it usually says .000? Maybe I'm wrong and the guy wasn't starting and/or I'm remembering wrong?
Old 08-20-2014, 10:01 PM   #20
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFry
Guys in A get stats? I checked it out and it usually says .000? Maybe I'm wrong and the guy wasn't starting and/or I'm remembering wrong?
No....my mistake...they carry their AA or AAA stats and it is shown as Single A if you look at the player card.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #21
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No....my mistake...they carry their AA or AAA stats and it is shown as Single A if you look at the player card.

M.K.
Knight165
Okay thanks for clarification (was watching LLWS).

I really do hope they add in playable A games and make it how it is in AA/AAA.

Anyways to the main point I normally do it by performance and open slots. I start out the season where the players ratings/stats say they should be, then they determine the rest. Usually I have tons of changes throughout the seasons as I'm putting guys where I think they should be. I recommend not being so quick to demote guys. If they struggle a bit, wait and see if they can put it back on track before letting them be moved down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 02:26 AM   #22
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

I did something a little out of the blue today. I had Kris Bryant on my AAA squad. Early on in the season he was tearing the cover off the ball. He eventually came down to earth and went into a bit of a cold spell. I had an extra spot on my MLB roster due to an injury and decided what the hell let's bring him up. I could've wrecked him completely but it was a chance I wanted to take.

First game I sim with him, he goes 3-5 with an RBI. Second game I sim he goes 2-2 with 2 Walks. Third game I sime he blasts 2 homers and drives in 7 Runs. I think I made the right call!

Old 08-22-2014, 03:02 PM   #23
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

OVR: 0

I jus lost Bryce Harper for 3-4 weeks and called up Garrin Cechini to play some left field just as he started IRL. No pros tho. And he went 2-3 with a walk . Trying to keep him up after. If everything goes well.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #24
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Great tips guys. Really going to help me out!

I've had an interesting issue with Raul Mondesi and Jorge Bonifacio in the 2nd year of my Royals franchise. Both are hitting around, or below, .250 in AA this season and I couldn't decide on whether or not to send them back down to A ball to make sure they don't "start to struggle". Since now I know they still improve, it makes my decision a little easier. I'll definitely do it with Mondesi since he's like 12 years old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »