Home

Is RTTS Teammate Progression Broken?

This is a discussion on Is RTTS Teammate Progression Broken? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #1
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
Is RTTS Teammate Progression Broken?

I noticed something in the 2nd year and decided to sim (no autosave) to the end of the season to see. Since I started this RTTS, here's how top prospect progression has worked out:
Byron Buxton has progressed 1 point, Addison Russel has progressed 1 point, Schwarber 2, Jorge Soler 1, Almora 0, Kris Bryant 0, Javier Baez 0, CJ Edwards 1, Corey Black 1, Carlos Correa 1, Joc Pederson 1, Julio Urias 1, Maikel Franco 0, Francisco Lindor 1, Lucas Giolito 1-2, Profar 1, Oscar Taveras 0... Those are just the prospects I can remember the ratings to.

All these players started out as at least 85+ Potential prospects on the roster and I know 6 started out as at least 95+. Schwarber, Soler, Almora, Edwards, Franco, Urias, Mark Appel and Lucas Giolito are all still rated 70 or below right now.

Kris Bryant actually lost 1 point in Contact R/L and Power R and Baez lost 1 point in CON R/Power L and 1 point in Vision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 12:52 AM   #2
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is RTTS Teammate Progression Broken?

While I like the actual user playing in rtts, the team play is just plain silly sometimes.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
While I like the actual user playing in rtts, the team play is just plain silly sometimes.
Yeah, I just overlook it, it's batty but it is what it is.

My RTTS 3B took over for Zimmerman in year 3 despite his OVR and stats being significantly better. I just shrug and carry on.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

True, but it takes a lot away from the mode for me. It's a total disconnect from the rtts player and your team. It makes me feel like I'm in 2 different world's.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
True, but it takes a lot away from the mode for me. It's a total disconnect from the rtts player and your team. It makes me feel like I'm in 2 different world's.
Yep.

It's too bad because I love the new RTTS progression for the user player. No more goals, points don't seem too terribly hard to come by if you play well enough, etc.

But I think between it using the fast forward (which gets "interesting") along with what you guys mention, I found myself playing it less. I tend to create the guys in a roster and use them in franchise. Not the same deal, but at least it's more "normal" all-around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
Rookie

dal_hawk's Arena

OVR: 13

Anyone compare the progression of non-user rosters to default ones? I'm playing RTTS on Cubs teams and seems like all prospects that came from user edited roster seem to not progress much. Maybe its better with default rosters? Cubs never going to make World Series at this current rate. This issue can break the whole mode for playing for certain ball clubs. (young teams)
Old 08-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #7
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

I chose the Cubs so I could grow and develop with my favorite prospects and bring them a world series, but all of their ratings are stagnant, especially Soler--who's now considered as maybe a better hitter than Bryant and should have been called up by now... He started as a 67 and he's now a 68 going into year 3 and still in AAA.

I wish the RTTS progression could be a bit slower (a slider like NCAA 14's Coach Progresssion option) so I could have a 1-2 year development time even with an A prospect. And I wish default prospect progression was a tick faster. In RTTS, it seems like teammate progression only happens in the offseason, while their stats still decline during the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »