Home

MLB 15 The Show: What needs to change in order for you to purchase

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: What needs to change in order for you to purchase within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #41
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 15 The Show: What needs to change in order for you to purchase

On ...in throw cut-offs.....
I would say this is something they want to put in...and have tinkered with in development.....but the balance of player animations to retrieve throws that aren't perfectly in line with the 3(+) players involved and the "zone"(for lack of a better term) that they need to have in place for the ball to be in play for a cut off mid throw was something they weren't happy with.
For instance...I seem to remember someone with the dev team saying that a ball in mid air taking a sudden turn left/right to be cut off was far to frequent with the current animations.
I think it's the player animations to get in place to cut off the throw that are the main addition..and not an actual cut off throw button....that is larger factor of this not being in yet.
With a pre-throw cut-off button already in place...I think it just became a back burner thing.
I would like to see it happen though.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #42
Rookie

RedMeansGo2006's Arena

OVR: 0

I've said this so many times but I'll say it again here. One thing that I would love to see is a "Classic Franchise" option. Basically I want to be able to start a franchise in any year of the modern era. I've always used Franchise mode to create a team of myself and several other friends, but as I'm no longer at an age that one would be beginning a career, it's preventing me from purchasing the game. And along with that, customized leagues/divisions/team names/minor league affiliates/playoff structure (it would be even more epic if we could download classic team logos/throwbacks/stadiums/team names, etc.).

I mentioned this in another thread and I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. I'd like to be able to have some kind of jersey creator or editor in the same mold as the one in Diamond Dynasty. There have been a lot of times where I've thought a team would look better if they made small tweaks in their jerseys. I've always wanted to see the Orioles wear orange undershirts/socks and the Rockies wear purples undershirts/socks, the Rangers put their team name back on their home jerseys, among many others. Ideally this would include every single wordmark, logo, patch, striping pattern, name/number font, and cap pattern that every team has ever used since the beginning of the modern era and allow the player to change the colors. It would slightly add to the realism of the fact that teams do change their uniforms on occasion. This could apply to minor-league teams as well. Is there any way they'd be allowed to do this?

-Advanced A-league, Short-Season A-League, Rookie A-League, CGL, AZL, DSL, VSL
-I want to be able to choose what batting helmet the team wears
-Being able to have more "set" line-ups so that, if you're simming, and the computer decides that a player needs a day off, it chooses a line-up that doesn't have that player in it
-Stadium select be available in franchise mode
-Being able to simulate individual at-bats in a game
-Being able to use special characters (apostrophes, dashes, letters with accent marks) and spaces in create-a-player
-I haven't bought the game since MLB 09 on PS2, so maybe this has been fixed, but on that game if I put a player on the 15-or-60-day DL, I had to put him back on the DL if his 15 or 60 days were done and he was still hurt. I would like to be able to just keep him on the DL until he's recovered.
-The return of "Sounds of the Show"
-An option to turn off the wildcard play-in game

Old 08-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMeansGo2006
-I haven't bought the game since MLB 09 on PS2, so maybe this has been fixed, but on that game if I put a player on the 15-or-60-day DL, I had to put him back on the DL if his 15 or 60 days were done and he was still hurt. I would like to be able to just keep him on the DL until he's recovered.
In 13 and 14, you can keep him on the DL. It will ask if you want to activate him or not.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #44
Rookie

RedMeansGo2006's Arena

Good to know, although those first two are the ones I really want. Does anyone think that any of the things I mentioned can be included? I seem to bring up a lot and don't seem to hear about it from anyone. Are they going to have to negotiate to get stuff like that in the game?

Old 08-24-2014, 04:30 PM   #45
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMeansGo2006
Good to know, although those first two are the ones I really want. Does anyone think that any of the things I mentioned can be included? I seem to bring up a lot and don't seem to hear about it from anyone. Are they going to have to negotiate to get stuff like that in the game?
I can only see a uniform editor if they add expansion mode or create a team. Highly doubt we'll ever get an editor for existing uniforms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #46
Rookie

RedMeansGo2006's Arena

That's too bad, because I have dozens of ideas that I'd wanna make, and obviously I can't force teams to make them in real life. I thought maybe they could do a compromise; the current jerseys, whatever they are, have to stay in the same, or something along those lines.

I guess they would have to fit that in as well in a hypothetical "classic" franchise mode if one were to start a franchise in some year that didn't have all the current teams in it. The player is the "commissioner" as well, and adds (eg, Angels, Mets, Astros, Padres, Blue Jays, Mariners, etc.) or relocates (eg, Dodgers) teams in the appropriate years, but this can only happen with teams that have relocated.

Last edited by RedMeansGo2006; 08-24-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
On ...in throw cut-offs.....
I would say this is something they want to put in...and have tinkered with in development.....but the balance of player animations to retrieve throws that aren't perfectly in line with the 3(+) players involved and the "zone"(for lack of a better term) that they need to have in place for the ball to be in play for a cut off mid throw was something they weren't happy with.
For instance...I seem to remember someone with the dev team saying that a ball in mid air taking a sudden turn left/right to be cut off was far to frequent with the current animations.
I think it's the player animations to get in place to cut off the throw that are the main addition..and not an actual cut off throw button....that is larger factor of this not being in yet.
With a pre-throw cut-off button already in place...I think it just became a back burner thing.
I would like to see it happen though.

M.K.
Knight165
In the Konami PYS game the pitcher cuts off the throws to home stationed on the left or right side of the pitcher's mound. You do see the occasional overthrow but the runner is nearly always caught at 2nd trying to stretch out the hit.

It is a simple shoulder button press.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

commentary
graphics/new player models
more animations, is it even possible for 2 player so run into each other in the outfield?

i feel like ive been playing the same game since 09 tbh

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »