Home

Noob Questions

This is a discussion on Noob Questions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Noob Questions

I'm new to the Show and PlayStation 4.

Couple of questions:

1) When throwing in from the outfield, say I hit X to throw to home plate. Is there a way to cut the ball off after I hit the X button? I know the L1 button is to throw to the cutoff man but I'd like to be able to cut it off after throwing to a specific base and be able to re-direct it to another base.

2) Controller Vibration. Is there a way to leave it on for the pressure situations but turn it off while pitching? It's really annoying to have my controller constantly vibrating when I'm trying to paint the corners or throw out of the zone a bit.

3) Warming up pitchers. Say the bar is full when I put them on the mound...Do I still have to throw the eight practice pitches? I usually don't but have noticed some control issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Noob Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneuy3
I'm new to the Show and PlayStation 4.

Couple of questions:

1) When throwing in from the outfield, say I hit X to throw to home plate. Is there a way to cut the ball off after I hit the X button? I know the L1 button is to throw to the cutoff man but I'd like to be able to cut it off after throwing to a specific base and be able to re-direct it to another base.

2) Controller Vibration. Is there a way to leave it on for the pressure situations but turn it off while pitching? It's really annoying to have my controller constantly vibrating when I'm trying to paint the corners or throw out of the zone a bit.

3) Warming up pitchers. Say the bar is full when I put them on the mound...Do I still have to throw the eight practice pitches? I usually don't but have noticed some control issues.

1. No. It's either throw to base or throw to cut-off.
2. I don't think so...it's all or nothing. I hate the vibration when I'm going outside of the zone.
3. You don't have to.....but doing so will also increase each individual pitch accordingly(the blue bars on the actual pitch selection screen)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 09-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24

I wish there was a way to simulate the 8 pitches - ie: skip them without forfeiting the possible effects.

Even if it were completely randomized, I'd just want to not come out with "cold" pitch confidence bars all the time. It'd be nice to come out and have my breaking ball meter completely full, at least once.

I feel like I miss out on half of the "variable stuff" system by skipping the warmups, but frankly they are excruciatingly boring. I wouldn't play them even if I won the game automatically by doing so.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is there any way to influence the velocity at which my pitcher throws the ball when playing in a Franchise game? Is it just random?
Old 09-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythons80
Is there any way to influence the velocity at which my pitcher throws the ball when playing in a Franchise game? Is it just random?
what pitching method are you using?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »