Home

Someone please explain this to me - I've never seen anything so blatant before (with

This is a discussion on Someone please explain this to me - I've never seen anything so blatant before (with within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Someone please explain this to me - I've never seen anything so blatant before (with

Let me try and paint a picture for you.

Bottom of the 8th.. I'm the Yankees, up 3-2.. Runners on first and second, 2 out. McCann hits a sharp grounder towards second that gobbles up the second basemen and hops past him for an easy RBI single and a 4-2 lead......until this happens.

Anyone who knows me knows I have some issues with this game, but this takes the cake.. You can say what you will about this being a random occurrence or a blip, but weird things happen like this all the time and I wanted to provide video evidence just to see if anyone would chime in on what was actually at play here.. Please let me know because right about now I'm completely disgusted at how blatant this was.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #2
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Re: Someone please explain this to me - I've never seen anything so blatant before (w

Must be the son of Denkinger.

Syracuse #44
Old 09-07-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Re: Someone please explain this to me - I've never seen anything so blatant before (w

Lmao!!.. Ugh... Smh at the same time..
Old 09-08-2014, 01:19 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Obviously that's a bug. I'm not commenting on the rest of the post because I know where that road leads.

Thanks for posting the video, I'm sure will get it addressed since the devs are still lurking around here. Seeing is believing.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #5
Banned

Sorry cruise, didn't mean to lead it in that direction, was very annoyed and … well, it was just too convenient a situation for it to have happened.. The devs always blame a bug or something, but I just don't think that's the entire story. Look at McCann's foot at the end of the play? The second basemen just somehow knew McCann was gonna wing it to first and then high-step the bag when he got there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #6
Just started!

yes,I'm sure will get it addressed since the devs are still lurking around here. Seeing is believing.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:19 PM   #7
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

It's very clear that Jim Joyce was the first base umpire.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:24 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Sorry cruise, didn't mean to lead it in that direction, was very annoyed and … well, it was just too convenient a situation for it to have happened.. The devs always blame a bug or something, but I just don't think that's the entire story. Look at McCann's foot at the end of the play? The second basemen just somehow knew McCann was gonna wing it to first and then high-step the bag when he got there?

It's like McCann knew he'd be out so he went into the "dang I made an out" animation at the bag. I don't know how the game resolves plays or how the play resolution interacts with the runner logic (like how runners determine if they think they'll be safe or not when advancing on the bases), but it just seems like the variables came together to make McCain "think" he's been thrown out.

That said, it looks like a runner logic error. He shouldn't bust it down the line and then pull up near the bag like that with the play still in progress/in doubt. That's an animation for when he sees the throw got him and he's just slowing up his momentum, imo. Even if he though it was a sure hit with no desire to go for second, he shouldn't pull up to that extent. So if there was no "dang I'm gonna be out" thinking and he runs it out (or "cruises in" at a decent pace because he's got a likely hit and won't be trying for two on a ball on that spot), then he ends up safe because he'd beat that throw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »