Home

Why do people say this game is bad?

This is a discussion on Why do people say this game is bad? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why do people say this game is bad?

I don't think the game is bad. But to be honest I haven't played it much this year because when I played sports games I play them in sporadic moments. For example, when the world cup started this summer I played a lot of FIFA 14. And when the NFL draft was conducted I started playing some more Madden 25 and NCAA Football 14. One college football started like 3 weeks ago I played some NCAA. And if I don't buy NHL 15 and when the NHL season starts I could go back and play some NHL 14. Sorry for getting off track back to the Show. I think it was a good game but not great. I like the new RTTS stuff. I like the idea of the 3 games where you change your draft stock, I like the player comparison thing (with some gripes). I love Quick Pitch, the dynamic difficulty. Franchise seemed IMO it was the same as last year but with new menus and rosters. There is still the trade logic problem and even a little draft logic problem. The draft logic problem is that all of the closers are gone by like the 3rd round. When I get to the draft I look where I need help and some potential guys that can retire in the 3-5 years, seeing as it takes that long to develop prospects, and I will draft for need instead of best player available unless there is a high ovr good potential guy with 60 ovr and a B potential.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

One common complaint is that the CPU has comeback A.I. Or during your franchise decided it's going to beat you from the first inning. WHICH ISN'T TRUE.

For example, I was playing the Phillies, I gave up a run on a wild pitch. Then in inning 3, a HR to Jimmy Rollins that looked as if it should have been a pop up. In inning 4, Carlos Not Known For Blazin' Speed Ruiz, took second, then scored on a gapper making it 4-0. All along, I got caught stealing when the CPU decided for me to try to take second. Two men in the second inning were picked off from first by Hamels. Johnson got thrown out trying to leg out a triple. And another runner was gunned down on a CPU generated steal. All that happened in the first four innings! Didn't look so great. Then in the seventh I pulled within one 4-3, finally chasing Cole from the game. And I worked the bullpen from 8 more runs over the final three, winning the game 11-5. You just have to have faith in your game, and take scores that are presented to you. Most of the "comeback A.I." occurs to cup is half full players who let one error, or call not going there way to throw them off and start pressing. Just play your game, it's baseball not everything will go your way. And if stop swinging at borderline pitches early, you will also notice you getting the same calls as well.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #19
Rookie

Why do people say this game is bad?

The game is not bad but it needs to get to next level, we need new environment atmosphere and of course cloth physics. We need name brand shoes and of a lot more animations. Enough of the baby steps and dev team needs to make huge advancements in all of these areas. If I gripe is because I love this game so much but PS4 game didn't meet my expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #20
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
One common complaint is that the CPU has comeback A.I. Or during your franchise decided it's going to beat you from the first inning. WHICH ISN'T TRUE.

For example, I was playing the Phillies, I gave up a run on a wild pitch. Then in inning 3, a HR to Jimmy Rollins that looked as if it should have been a pop up. In inning 4, Carlos Not Known For Blazin' Speed Ruiz, took second, then scored on a gapper making it 4-0. All along, I got caught stealing when the CPU decided for me to try to take second. Two men in the second inning were picked off from first by Hamels. Johnson got thrown out trying to leg out a triple. And another runner was gunned down on a CPU generated steal. All that happened in the first four innings! Didn't look so great. Then in the seventh I pulled within one 4-3, finally chasing Cole from the game. And I worked the bullpen from 8 more runs over the final three, winning the game 11-5. You just have to have faith in your game, and take scores that are presented to you. Most of the "comeback A.I." occurs to cup is half full players who let one error, or call not going there way to throw them off and start pressing. Just play your game, it's baseball not everything will go your way. And if stop swinging at borderline pitches early, you will also notice you getting the same calls as well.
Exactly but its the how it unfolds and feels that make people think that way so if they can get rid of that feeling I think most wouldnt complain and yes it has improved over the years but its kinda like NHL 15 lost that turbo boost mode stuff this year when the cpu needs a goal and made it blend more with AI and strategy so you dont even notice it with the correct sliders .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-20-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:20 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAfan1624
I dont get it. Its not a bad game. Theres so much to do, and the gameplay/physics of it are outstanding. Not to mention the graphics and player detail. They could improve on the crowd, and maybe some minor flaws in RTTS, but overall I think its great. Especially with the new dynamic difficulty setting, the game plays perfect to whatever skill you are and you never have to worry about sliders. Currently the best sports game out imo but doesnt get enough credit because a lot of people dismiss baseball games.
Are you basing this off of just members here at OS Forums? If so, let me explain to you from a long time member standpoint of view as i been a member here for 12 years now....there are a lot of very very finicky almost childish kind of members here with a lot of their gripes and dislikes of this game and any other sports game tha that has its own sub-forum here at OS Forums.

One thing i learned here after being here so long is that people want their sports games tailored to their own liking "OR" they read someone else negative slandering feedback and literally get hypnotized off it and from that point on their eye's are totally focused on that specific bug or problem in the game, even as minor as it may be...they will make it a mountain out of a mole hill.

Long story short - Enjoy video games for what it is, not what it's not. Dont fall for negative people or negative comments you read in here from personal opinions because its nothing but their own opinion and once you start feeding into that BS ...it'll suck all the fun out of every game you play. Do NOT get into the habit of dissecting and putting a videogame under the microscope like so MANY members here do...i mean they literally pop the new game in and put it under the microscope searching for bugs, flaws or just any negative thing their eye's can find because they are already set to look out for negative BS, its a bad kind of mind-set to have ..its simply non-sense and all you gotta do is look at each member's history of posts that are posting harsh negative feedback and i guarantee you the majority of their posts are all like that. Dont get me wrong, there is a place for constructive criticism and we need to share our thoughts on bugs, flaws,etc and what can be improved....I am simply talking about the posts with harsh bashing of a game or portions of a game...

The reason why i say all this is that i use to be like that a lot...i was so caught up on expecting perfection and a bug-free game that i would pop in the new game and just go looking for every thing that i didnt like....rather than popping in the game and just enjoying it for what it is.....Im telling you man, you seem to already have a strong position on your aspect and opinion of the game...that is good, keep it that way because i am telling you man...it will never stop here at OS Forums....this place is notorious for whiny-type, bashing feedback of games and people that only looking for bugs, flaws, and all negative aspects of sports video games.

Like i said...enjoy the games for what they are...no game will ever be perfect and no human is perfect so there is no way a game will ever be perfect but i get a feeling some people around here expect a video game to be and play as smart as the real sport...and that just baffles me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #22
Rookie

Ok, here's what I can come up with that shouldn't even be on a list in 2014:

-Practice swings still have players unnaturally slide back into their stance upon completion. This has been a problem since games from the '90s, you'd think it would have been addressed by now.

-Only 3 body types. Even Madden now has quite a few different body types.

-The "casual fielding" that seems a lot worse than the last few years.

-A ghost-town of a franchise mode. With 162 game seasons, there need to be reasons to plug along all year.

-The frame-rate issue in cutscenes. If the gameplay can run at a silky 60 fps, so should all the cutscenes.

-The commentary is still bad, lacking any real flow and variety.

-The menus are still clunky, OS did an article themselves on that issue.

-No PTBNLs, 3 team trades, or trades that involve more than 3 players.

-Lack of low minors, drafted players can't be used until the next season.

-Lack of any real Stat tracking.

That being said, the on-field product for the most part is really good. The various difficulty options and all the mechanics and features they keep around and build from are great.

Seeing all the progress NBA 2K15 made makes me really excited to see what SCEA can do with The Show 16, but it's not like 15 was a perfect game by any stretch.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #23
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Are you basing this off of just members here at OS Forums? If so, let me explain to you from a long time member standpoint of view as i been a member here for 12 years now....there are a lot of very very finicky almost childish kind of members here with a lot of their gripes and dislikes of this game and any other sports game tha that has its own sub-forum here at OS Forums.

One thing i learned here after being here so long is that people want their sports games tailored to their own liking "OR" they read someone else negative slandering feedback and literally get hypnotized off it and from that point on their eye's are totally focused on that specific bug or problem in the game, even as minor as it may be...they will make it a mountain out of a mole hill.

Long story short - Enjoy video games for what it is, not what it's not. Dont fall for negative people or negative comments you read in here from personal opinions because its nothing but their own opinion and once you start feeding into that BS ...it'll suck all the fun out of every game you play. Do NOT get into the habit of dissecting and putting a videogame under the microscope like so MANY members here do...i mean they literally pop the new game in and put it under the microscope searching for bugs, flaws or just any negative thing their eye's can find because they are already set to look out for negative BS, its a bad kind of mind-set to have ..its simply non-sense and all you gotta do is look at each member's history of posts that are posting harsh negative feedback and i guarantee you the majority of their posts are all like that. Dont get me wrong, there is a place for constructive criticism and we need to share our thoughts on bugs, flaws,etc and what can be improved....I am simply talking about the posts with harsh bashing of a game or portions of a game...

The reason why i say all this is that i use to be like that a lot...i was so caught up on expecting perfection and a bug-free game that i would pop in the new game and just go looking for every thing that i didnt like....rather than popping in the game and just enjoying it for what it is.....Im telling you man, you seem to already have a strong position on your aspect and opinion of the game...that is good, keep it that way because i am telling you man...it will never stop here at OS Forums....this place is notorious for whiny-type, bashing feedback of games and people that only looking for bugs, flaws, and all negative aspects of sports video games.

Like i said...enjoy the games for what they are...no game will ever be perfect and no human is perfect so there is no way a game will ever be perfect but i get a feeling some people around here expect a video game to be and play as smart as the real sport...and that just baffles me.
Wow best post ever as I was also almost a victim here the other day even after I ignored the person and wouldnt bite even after name calling, accusations and then personal attacks so yeah I always try to see the good in things or just move on . Great advice not only here but for life too ! Thanks
Old 09-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #24
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Holy Bizarro World Batman!

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »