Home

Sports game Presentations are finally improving!

This is a discussion on Sports game Presentations are finally improving! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Sports game Presentations are finally improving!

With Madden 15, NHL 15 and NBA 2K15 all really upping there TV Style Presentation this year it really has got me wondering more then ever about where the Presentation will go in MLB 15 The Show and the future?

Don't get me wrong the Presentation in MLB 14 The Show is very good. But it pretty much has been the same since the PS2 days. And also in my opinion still feels more like a video game then a real life TV broadcast if you no know what I mean. I think there is finally thanks to the PS4 some real opportunity to make the TV style Presentation in MLB 15 The Show spectacular! Those other 3 major sports video games have really up the ante this year as far as making there Presentation look like a real life TV sports broadcast.

I am just a little afraid that MLB The Show may be left in the dust this generation.

I always have said that when I play my sports games I want it to look & sound as if I just turn on the TV to watch ESPN Baseball or Fox Baseball. And sorry to say we are still far from that in MLB 14 The Show at least in my opinion anyway.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by tnixen; 09-19-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Sports game Presentations are finally improving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
With Madden 15, NHL 15 and NBA 2K15 all really upping there TV Style Presentation this year it really has got me wondering more then ever about where the Presentation will go in MLB 15 The Show and the future?

Don't get me wrong the Presentation in MLB 14 The Show is very good. But it pretty much has been the same since the PS2 days. And also in my opinion still feels more like a video game then a real life TV broadcast if you no know what I mean. I think there is finally thanks to the PS4 some real opportunity to make the TV style Presentation in MLB 15 The Show spectacular! Those other 3 major sports video games have really up the ante this year as far as making there Presentation look like a real life TV sports broadcast.

I am just a little afraid that MLB The Show may be left in the dust this generation.

I always have said that when I play my sports games I want it to look & sound as if I just turn on the TV to watch ESPN Baseball or Fox Baseball. And sorry to say we are still far from that in MLB 14 The Show at least in my opinion anyway.

What do you guys think?
I agree. I like the way NHL 15, Madden 15, and NBA 2k14 have gone about with their presentation. Yeah, it may get repetitive but they are moving in the right direction. With MLB 15 the show, I am hoping that we can see more presentation (Tv style) and hoping for some sort of post game show or weekly show that can highlight other interesting things going on in your franchise. In game cuts as well would definitely be a welcomed addition IMO.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
I agree. I like the way NHL 15, Madden 15, and NBA 2k14 have gone about with their presentation. Yeah, it may get repetitive but they are moving in the right direction. With MLB 15 the show, I am hoping that we can see more presentation (Tv style) and hoping for some sort of post game show or weekly show that can highlight other interesting things going on in your franchise. In game cuts as well would definitely be a welcomed addition IMO.
I can't stand how the halftime show in Madden 15 takes forever to get passed. I'm hitting x as much as possible to get passed the forced presentation. I really don't need to see it. I want to play the game, not pretend I'm watching a real game.

So as long as I can have an option to not show that stuff or make sure if I hit X and bypasses it immediately I'm fine.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

I will be of the dissenting opinion. I hate TV presentations. They focus on things I don't care about instead of the things I do care about. Are they playing a specific defensive shift, no doubles outfield, guarding the lines? I don't know because thy are showing random people in the crowd or interviewing the nobody who won the Sonic slam last night. I would rather be 'in' the game instead of watching it. Madden is a great example. TV shows a side view of the game and only the backs to the linebackers. No clue what the secondary is doing, you magically find out once a pass is thrown or replay is up on what went on back there--sometimes you never really do. But, when the camera is behind the offense, suddenly you can see the holes a RB could go for and what the safetys are doing. Heck, I might watch football again if they put the camera back there XFL style! In short, I would rather watch a game when I want to do that and play/be in the game the other times. People complain about the presentation but I like all the options out there--seeing the arch of a hit ball from home plate with dynamic cameras or using a dugout camera in manage only mode. It is great.

Edit: I don't mean to make it sound like I am raining on your parade. Any TV style improvements are awesome--but we should recognize all that this game has to offer in presentations also.

Last edited by rjackson; 09-20-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:03 AM   #5
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

I just hope they don't have the same intro/theme music and osd/stat overlays.
I have only played the show 13 and 14 but just changing up the presentation each year could be a good start to keeping the game fresh.Couldn't be that hard to come up with new music and screen swipes every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #6
Banned

DemurOnion's Arena

They have a lot of work to do here but I am confident they can get most of it done by 2015 release.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #7
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Indeed just changing the intro/theme and the begin tune when a game starts is allready something at this point haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »