Home

Sounds of the Show Feedback

This is a discussion on Sounds of the Show Feedback within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #65
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Sounds of the Show Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseKeepinItReal
Does this mean that even if Sony gets mp3 support there wont be SOTS?!
No one knows for sure yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #66
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2
Thumbs down Re: Sounds of the Show Feedback

Sarcasm. I knew a long time ago there would be no SOTS but what really grinds my gears is how the show blamed it on Sony even though the SOTS menus are not designed to implement the feature as it is missing specific sub menus. Now what grinds my gears is they are asking if people even use the feature. SMH at all the brown nosers on this site especially the mods! There was never going to be a SOTS this year!
Old 10-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #67
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseKeepinItReal
Sarcasm. I knew a long time ago there would be no SOTS but what really grinds my gears is how the show blamed it on Sony even though the SOTS menus are not designed to implement the feature as it is missing specific sub menus. Now what grinds my gears is they are asking if people even use the feature. SMH at all the brown nosers on this site especially the mods! There was never going to be a SOTS this year!
Attached Images
File Type: png IMAGE_263.png (193.2 KB, 148 views)
Old 10-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #68
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

A real Zinger.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #69
Rookie

wilb626's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Hi everyone, we are looking for some feedback on the SOS feature. Just answer the questions below thx.

• Do you use Sound of the Show? If so, how extensively? (anywhere from assigning just your created player’s walkup music to assigning all Music and/or Yell and Chant categories for all players and teams)
  • Do you find the Playlist Creator intuitive and easy to use?
  • How easy or difficult is the Music Editor to use?
  • Do you record custom yells and/or chants? Do you import other yell and chant audio files?
  • Are there additional Music or Yell/Chant categories that you’d like to see for Players or Teams?
  • What changes or improvements would you like to see for this feature?
Is Sounds of the Show going to make it into '16's game?? Can SCEA just use the USB/Media Player to assign custom music?
Old 09-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #70
Rookie

Seltaeb9091's Arena

I'm speaking as a PS3 user, and as a few have said, one of the reasons why I haven't upgraded to a PS4 is the lack of a SOTS feature. I know it sounds silly, but it seems like a few have the same position that I do. SOTS really adds quite a bit of custom atmosphere to the game.
  • Do you use Sound of the Show? If so, how extensively? (anywhere from assigning just your created player’s walkup music to assigning all Music and/or Yell and Chant categories for all players and teams)
    Yes, I use it every year. I always make sure that the Giants roster has as completely accurate walkup music as possible, along with the various stadium music between innings and the victory music. Given the frequent visits, I'll research the other teams in the NL West (except LA) and add music to those teams if I already have their songs at my disposal; I'll also do the same for Oakland since they're a regional rival. I may add some of the more distinctive stadium music to other teams (Sweet Caroline, et al). An MP3 I found of Harry Caray doing the 7th inning stretch a while ago has gotten significant use because of SOTS!
  • Do you find the Playlist Creator intuitive and easy to use?
    I've never had any issues with it. It's only difficult if you have a ton of music to sort through
  • How easy or difficult is the Music Editor to use?
    The fine tuning of the marks with L2/R2 can be tedious, but I can deal with it. I like how you can use three marks per song, as you can mark off the intro, chorus and coda if you care to.
  • Do you record custom yells and/or chants? Do you import other yell and chant audio files?
    I've never delved into the custom chants/yells, but I have toyed with the idea of finding other's work online to use.
  • Are there additional Music or Yell/Chant categories that you’d like to see for Players or Teams?
    - Perhaps the occasional "rally music" could be a new category, short sound bytes that can be played every so often to rev up the crowd, such as snippets from Centerfield or The Addams Family. We could add in an authentic Day-O to replace the one you had to change since the one in '13 sounded too much like the real one (this year's replacement sounds like a motorcycle revving). It'll also be an easy way to get the Blitzkrieg Bop sound byte back in the game without having to dust off your copy of '08!
    - Another category could be to have a slot for a starting pitchers' warmup music before first pitch. Even though I enjoy trying to get off all eight pitches before the generic music ends, I'd rather hear MadBum warm up to Fire On The Mountain.
  • What changes or improvements would you like to see for this feature?
    - Some sort of Normalization option to balance out the loudly mastered songs and older rips with quieter mastering.
    - I have no idea why the home win music starts over again when the post game interview cutscene starts. I made a custom track for AT&T Park wins where a looped Song 2 chorus plays for 30 seconds, then fades to I Left My Heart In San Francisco. This effort was rendered useless a few years ago. I need my Tony Bennett!
Also, although I usually don't complain much about the soundtrack each year, I do enjoy customizing the Jukebox to add in my own tunes to the front end and elsewhere. I can't imagine what the PS4 users were going through when playing the *ahem* longer Community Challenges and hearing the same tracks over and over...

Last edited by Seltaeb9091; 09-04-2015 at 04:26 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #71
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

• Do you use Sound of the Show? Yes.
    If so, how extensively? (anywhere from assigning just your created player’s walkup music to assigning all Music and/or Yell and Chant categories for all players and teams). I really focus on the music. Using it for batter walk ups and home run songs are great. I love when I can give my created players a Metallica song or something, and have it play at the perfect spot in the song. I've always told myself I would create custom chants/taunts but never had a working bluetooth earpiece when I was in the mood to do it on PS3. But I'm still interested in this ability.
  • Do you find the Playlist Creator intuitive and easy to use? Yes.
  • How easy or difficult is the Music Editor to use? Piece of cake.
  • Do you record custom yells and/or chants? Do you import other yell and chant audio files? No, but I've always wanted to. Never got around to it.
  • Are there additional Music or Yell/Chant categories that you’d like to see for Players or Teams? Custom song to play after home team wins. (IE: "Go Cubs Go" after a Cubs win, etc.)
  • What changes or improvements would you like to see for this feature?The PS3 version of Sounds of the Show met my needs perfectly I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #72
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

OVR: 0

[*]Do you use Sound of the Show? HELL YES I USE IT AND MISS IT LIKE A DEAD FAMILY MEMBER!!!! Please please please please please bring this back If so, how extensively? Player walkups, home runs, stadium sounds, inning sounds, etc. (anywhere from assigning just your created player’s walkup music to assigning all Music and/or Yell and Chant categories for all players and teams)
[*]Do you find the Playlist Creator intuitive and easy to use? I have no beef with it
[*]How easy or difficult is the Music Editor to use? I have no beef with it
[*]Do you record custom yells and/or chants? Do you import other yell and chant audio files? Don't care about these in the slightest
[*]Are there additional Music or Yell/Chant categories that you’d like to see for Players or Teams? Nope
[*]What changes or improvements would you like to see for this feature? BRING IT BACK!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »