Home

Wrigley Reno's

This is a discussion on Wrigley Reno's within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2015, 02:22 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wrigley Reno's

Could someone post a pic of what the livestream showed of wrigley?
Old 02-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #50
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Hey Slab, I know you can't give any detailed info....but have you seen Yankee Stadium, and if you have, will we be pleased?
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #51
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
LOL, cute. No, I'm not so much an SCEA apologist, as I am an SDS apologist/supporter/defender... if you must know! Plus I am even more of a Tigers apologist

Anyway, on a more serious note, I do NOT find it peculiar. Mainly because I know there are different artists that do each stadium, and each is unique. Each has their strengths and weaknesses, and different levels of detail. And to be honest, one of the most popular SDS devs is an avid White Sox fan, so the conspiracy is definitely not on. And no matter what, the stadiums will never be 100% accurate. I'm sure these Wrigley renos will vary from the final product in real life.

Secondly, in between my apologizing, I had already mentioned those changes to the stadium artist for US Cellular (except for the Konerko statue). Which I did later bring up... whether they get it in this late, is a crap shoot, but it is on the radar going forward. And as far as you constantly sending info their way, I looked on TSN after your "woe is us" post, and guess what? All the linked photos in your post are dead... definitely not much help in that form.

That also got me to thinking, in all the years I've been taking stadium feedback for (almighty) SDS, not once do I remember interacting with you (maybe a comment on the missing texture in LF on PS3). Other teams fans have sent me reminders and new info constantly. Anyway, that's here nor there... I did the legwork and collected pictures for you to submit to the stadium team, my fan of our divisional foe. You're welcome.

Ok, I may make snide remarks, but understand about me that I have the communities best interest in mind when working with SDS. That's why they invite us in. Not to serve as YES men, or apologist. Although, having been behind the scenes, I understand their limitations and respect that. I'm sure other OSers can vouch that I've been more than open to feedback, to make this game the best it can be.
Yep.

I absolutely thankyou for managing to get my request of opening up 3 sections on the top tier of o.co. coliseum a couple of years ago.

Such a small and insignificant detail to most but a great example of the community and devs coming together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 04:43 PM   #52
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Is the ivy changing colors at Wrigley make it back in? I know in 14 (PS4) they ran out of time to implement it so it was green year round.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:18 PM   #53
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Hey Slab, I know you can't give any detailed info....but have you seen Yankee Stadium, and if you have, will we be pleased?
Short answer: YES (not the network, lol)

YouTube

Old 02-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #54
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

It's important to remember that if there is something not right about a stadium that you frequent, then Russell usually posts a stadium feedback thread. I know that with the exception of the flags at the top of the office buildings, SCEA has done really well with the Ballpark in Arlington.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:34 PM   #55
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

It is also important to be patient. There are so many details that need to be put into 30 stadiums, it takes time.

I started posting Busch Stadium write-ups before MLB 11 came out. Each year, they have improved Busch a little bit, and those little bits add up to quite a bit, eventually. There are so many things that have been checked off; I'd say my first write-up has probably been reduced by more than half, and that's just on the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 08:49 PM   #56
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
It is also important to be patient. There are so many details that need to be put into 30 stadiums, it takes time.

I started posting Busch Stadium write-ups before MLB 11 came out. Each year, they have improved Busch a little bit, and those little bits add up to quite a bit, eventually. There are so many things that have been checked off; I'd say my first write-up has probably been reduced by more than half, and that's just on the PS3.
Yes SRD, and you are the perfect example of patience, communication and detail... And I think, no I know you'll be blown away by Busch this year!

YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »