Home

newbie Question: 30 team control and off season

This is a discussion on newbie Question: 30 team control and off season within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
newbie Question: 30 team control and off season

Hi:
First time ever playing the game and I'm using 30-team control. I'm about to enter the off season. I used the control to prevent bad trades, and occasionally bring up key players for clubs in contention early. As I get ready to enter the off season, do experienced folk using this mode find you can let the CPU handle re-signings and free agency with little interference or do you take this on yourself? I don't need to mimic the upcoming free agent signings, but would like to make sure Boston doesn't go out and sign Brandon Philips when they have Pedroia or the Braves load up on catchers, etc. Help is greatly appreciated.
coach
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: newbie Question: 30 team control and off season

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Hi:
First time ever playing the game and I'm using 30-team control. I'm about to enter the off season. I used the control to prevent bad trades, and occasionally bring up key players for clubs in contention early. As I get ready to enter the off season, do experienced folk using this mode find you can let the CPU handle re-signings and free agency with little interference or do you take this on yourself? I don't need to mimic the upcoming free agent signings, but would like to make sure Boston doesn't go out and sign Brandon Philips when they have Pedroia or the Braves load up on catchers, etc. Help is greatly appreciated.
coach
You can let the CPU do the off season signings. For the most part the CPU actually does a really good job at signing new players and resigning others. Some do fall through the cracks though and go unsigned. If I was you I would look around at some teams and find needs that should be filled and sign free agents that should be signed instead of them just siting in the FA list for a while.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: newbie Question: 30 team control and off season

Thanks for the help!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »