Home

Joe Maddon

This is a discussion on Joe Maddon within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Joe Maddon

I've never paid attention to this closely, but I've only bought MLB 06, 10, 12 and 14 so I don't recall seeing this issue. Wherever Joe Maddon ends up, will we see him in the game MLB 15'? I ask because I routinely see teams with new managers just inheriting generic managers instead, even if they were bench coaches in the last game or former coaches/managers some time prior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #2
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Joe Maddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
I've never paid attention to this closely, but I've only bought MLB 06, 10, 12 and 14 so I don't recall seeing this issue. Wherever Joe Maddon ends up, will we see him in the game MLB 15'? I ask because I routinely see teams with new managers just inheriting generic managers instead, even if they were bench coaches in the last game or former coaches/managers some time prior.
Only if he submits his MLBPA paperwork in time. (Yes managers and coaches are part of the MLBPA as well and have to submit paperwork just like everyone else. Managers/coaches do it when they change teams or positions within an org.). SCEA has a cutoff for it to be submitted I believe. Not 100% sure on that part.

If you use the carryover save feature he would be in next years game from the info I've gathered. (He'll most likely find a team before the winter meetings)

The reason why you are seeing fake coaches is they didn't submit their paperwork in time. This applies to coaches in previous versions as well.

Some do submit in time. Example would be Bo Porter from MLB 13. In MLB 12 he was the Nats 1B coach and in MLB 13 he was the Astros Manager.

One thing I wish SCEA could do is allow us to edit the fake coaches and managers (just as we would edit players). This would be big in eliminating that type of situation in the future.

Regarding Maddon and 2015.
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...t-opportunity/

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 10-25-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24

Yeah it would be nice if managers and coaches were included in the "rosters" for each team and we could just "trade" and manage them like we can the other players.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #4
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Yeah it would be nice if managers and coaches were included in the "rosters" for each team and we could just "trade" and manage them like we can the other players.
I would think if people use the carryover save feature that the Managers in 14 would be in 15,(you're obviously continuing a franchise I don't think the coaches would just disappear) but who knows. We still don't know exactly how it will work. It's all speculation at this point. Wait and see mode.

Would be nice if we could see all the managers and coaches from the front end and make changes before we even start a franchise.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #5
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

thanks for the info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15

One thing I wish SCEA could do is allow us to edit the fake coaches and managers (just as we would edit players). This would be big in eliminating that type of situation in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I would like to see SDS go the whole 9 yards & make every mgr, coach & what have you editable. I want GM's & owner name slots added too. Any little detail that can be added to further immerse the user is a good thing. And this game is KNOWN for it's little things. I can see why the ps3 didn't have this, what with the limited memory but as for the ps4, ''Greatness Awaits''.
The time has come for the Show to kick the door down that blocks full customization.
#44Syracuse
Old 10-26-2014, 11:25 PM   #7
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Another idea I had is why not have retired players become coaches/managers? Idk if SCEA is allowed to do it or not, but would be cool to see and it helps eliminate some fake guys as well.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:35 PM   #8
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm sure I'll be playing MLB 15 with Rob Smart as my manager again.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »