Home

Really hope we get much improved visuals next year

This is a discussion on Really hope we get much improved visuals next year within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6
Really hope we get much improved visuals next year

Yep.

It looked nice on PS4 but it just felt like a better resolution PS3 game.

I want to see much improved player models, I want to see new cloth physics, cloth textures, sparkle scripts, improved stadium textures, better environments outside stadiums, proper fly byes etc etc etc.

Game looked good but could make much better use of the PS4 in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Really hope we get much improved visuals next year

I agree. It will take time Im sure though, just like it did from PS2 to PS3. We saw massive improvement jumps from those consoles.

I DO want proper fly bys though....was very let down by those "fake" overhead shots before games in MLB 14. They can't even be called fly overs because they weren't.

However, this dev team is the best in sports gaming. They never disappoint!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't expect the visuals to change that much. If MLB 15 is released at its normal time around March, the Dev team wouldn't even have had a full year development cycle. In that time frame I am sure they were working on other things(I expect some stadiums will be worked on. They obviously have to fix the lighting issues amongst other things). I have no doubt they'll build off what we have now, but I don't think it'll be a drastic leap in 15 like some would want (In terms of visuals). Who knows though we may be in for a surprise in year 2.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 11-01-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #4
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Yep.

It looked nice on PS4 but it just felt like a better resolution PS3 game.

I want to see much improved player models, I want to see new cloth physics, cloth textures, sparkle scripts, improved stadium textures, better environments outside stadiums, proper fly byes etc etc etc.

Game looked good but could make much better use of the PS4 in my opinion.
Absolutely agree. Game looked real good on PS3, especially when compared to other sports titles on that gen. But I was a little disappointed that it didn't take a big leap forward in visuals in PS4. Still looks good, but has fallen behind the likes of NBA 2K and Madden.

I think there's a lot of room for improvement, particularly with player faces. They lack the detail and definition when compared to NBA 2K. Almost look two-dimensional while NBA 2k faces look 3-D and seem to pop out of the screen, if that makes any sense.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 11-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'll agree that I don't think the graphics pushed the limits of the PS4 very much. At the same time, I'm of the opinion that the graphics are good enough and should be improved upon last over some other aspects of the game such as the oft clunky-feeling defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesaysso
I'll agree that I don't think the graphics pushed the limits of the PS4 very much. At the same time, I'm of the opinion that the graphics are good enough and should be improved upon last over some other aspects of the game such as the oft clunky-feeling defense.
I'm sort of in the same camp, but I want more options to customize more parts of the game instead of improving the clunky-feeling defense.
#44Syracuse
Old 11-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #7
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm expecting a decent jump in visuals next year. 14 looked good enough, but at the same time it was obvious it was a first-gen release. For example, the frame rate taking a massive hit any time the crowd was in a cutscene, I'd expect these issues like that to be resolved in 15.

I'd love to see face scanning implemented in 15. Compared to FIFA and NBA 2K (its two closest competitors in the sports game genre IMO), The Show's body/face models are woefully behind the times. In fact, if The Show 15 managed to get anywhere close to NBA 2K visual-wise, I'd probably never need another game again.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:40 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

I am pretty sure we will. Even though the game didn't look bad it was way behind NBA 2k14 and 15 in graphics and behind madden 15 in graphics to where last gen the game had by far the best graphics of any sports game out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »