Home

SharePlay

This is a discussion on SharePlay within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
SharePlay

Has anybody here tried it yet?

If someone would be a host for me, I'd like to see how the lag is with this feature and this game.

PSN ID - Blzer
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: SharePlay

Bcruise and I tried it. My internet was a poor host. When he hosted we could play the game but on my end the picture was kinda poor and lag was bad. Hard to see ball

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Thanks for the heads up.

I just tried it with nemesis. Image quality was great (720p doesn't provide all the detail, but if there's something to have concern about, detail won't be it), framerate was low but consistent (probably around 15-25 FPS)... input lag was poor. I would say it was about the same as playing Remote Play in your house.

To square the ball up the middle, I had to start my swing when the ball was about 45-50 feet away from the plate. Using the pitching meter, to hit the line you have to hit X around the yellow region of the meter. It just didn't operate well enough to deem it playable.

We were both hardwired via Ethernet, by the way. I'd say we probably simulated what it's about like. Is it better than standard online play? Maybe. Is it a suitable replacement for somebody who has the game? Not for a timing-relative game like The Show, sadly enough.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-03-2014, 10:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I did share play with my buddy. Game lag a lot and grafic is not like the same as u would play it on your console.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #5
Banned

Klayups's Arena

OVR: 0

I did SharePlay last night with another OS member.

It's cool to watch, but the input lag is crazy, not sure it'd be good for sports games, but if you wanted to try a game out your friend had you were thinking about buying i could see it being awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 04:07 AM   #6
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Playing head to head is unplayable but there are cool things you can do with share play for MLB.

My brother and I started an offline Co-op Franchise. Whoever isn't host pitches and plays infield defense and the host does the hitting. Pitching is possible with Analog or Classic.

I save the franchise on the cloud and will have both of our accounts on both of our PS4's so we can access the save anytime. This way we can carry the franchise on, unlike Online franchise. It is also fun sharing the controller when we are doing the draft and off season menus.

Share play isn't a good alternative for head to head, but it is meant to be more of a co-op type of deal. It is a neat feature, but don't get your hopes up for better head to head play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »