Home

Three Keys: MLB The Show 15

This is a discussion on Three Keys: MLB The Show 15 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Three Keys: MLB The Show 15

I'd love to see the following things:

1. A new pitching system, similar to 2k. I think one way to tell if this will be a new feature will be if their is a pitcher selected to be on the cover.

2. Expanded franchise mode. We need to see stuff like ticket sales and bringing in super star players have an impact on your overall 'bankroll.' If you sign a player that adds a lot of butts in seats, jersey sales, etc, it should be more of an investment that brings money back to your team, rather than just drain the payroll.

Also need international free agents, as thats a MAJOR part of the sport now. Single A rosters, etc. Last year a guy was drafted and pitched in the WS the same year...that cannot happen in MLB the show because the players dont show up until the following season. So there needs to be fuller organizational rosters, and with it, the ability to automate the handling of those rosters.

3. Better animations, especially pitching animations. Any decent college athlete should be able to come in and do some pretty good impersonations - just dont throw animations together like some of them that are out there now. Also, many of the fielding animations take far too long to play out. I lost a perfect game in the 8th inning because of a slow animation.

Those are my 3 keys. I couldn't care less about uniform stitching color, or whether the tarp is in the right place at O.Co. Just give me a decent representation of everything, and make the franchise mode immersive as hell.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

OK we all want a more immersive franchise mode, right?

I have an idea that I think can change and also fix the budget issue that plagued this years game. First thing THAT HAS TO happen is they bring back the old franchise mode where we got to so set ticket prices, jersey prices, concessions, etc. If this doesn't happen then my idea does not work. The budget would now be calculated by adding whatever money you bring in during the season. This way no can complain about there be too big of an increase because it is based off of whatever money the player made during the season from ticket sales, TV money, etc.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #11

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

I want franchise to feel more immersive. Kind of like how Fifa or Madden is, where I know what is going on around the league. It always feels that outside of my team, I have no idea what is happening around the league. And yes, commentary needs to be improved as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #12
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I understand commentary is feeling old and stale. But I don't agree with removing the three man booth currently in place. I love Matty V, I thought Lyons was a great addition and I am fine Karros as well.
Good point. It isn't that the existing commentary is bad, it's that there isn't nearly enough of it.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #13
Rookie

sc050610's Arena

1. Commentary is fine with who is in the booth, it is that is just gets repetitive rather quickly. I would like to see as others have mentioned a little more in depth with it to as it relates to what is going on in your Franchise. If your team is on fire or in the midst of a losing streak for them to mention it and strike up a convo about it.

2. Atmosphere of the stadiums: I know this has been included before with Postseason but it needs to be brought back for not only the postseason but also just big games or big moments too. If I have sell out in my Franchise and I am the home and we walk it off in the bottom of 9th or later that stadium should erupt.

3. Last thing for me would be an active single A team.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #14
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I'm in the same boat as Marino.
It's disconnect within franchise mode...and that's in all areas.....when playing games(they have gotten slightly better with this though).....but especially when doing anything in the front office or anything on the front end menus.
I would love to see some "real time"(actually fake time pretending to be real time) events happen for each day on the calendar.
I would love to see things happen while I'm doing something on the front end in the front office in increments.
I'm looking through players on the roster menu....I get a PM about a trade or a trade offer or a rumor of a trade.....I'm looking at the draft section....I get reports on prospects from other teams or a report on a player we're looking at.
I want the league leaders and standings in my face at all times. Hot/cold players and injury reports when starting a series and on the next opponent when ending a series...anything like that.
...and I would love to have players give me feedback on how they feel about the team and their part on it.
Owners and GM's with personalities...
Coaches/scouts as well.....with better(different) and editable ratings.
Retired players into the coaching pool..
As well as things mentioned and I'm sure to be mentioned.

Oh...online news!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #15
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I'm a hardcore baseballer, so the Show could stay the same for the next ten years & I'd still be a day one purchaser.
BUT, the 3 keys that would keep me positively giddy for the series would be:

1) More customization, from naming coaches & managers to realigning leagues
(Think Brewers to the A.L. & Astros to the N.L.) to relocating franchises (Nationals back to Canada).

2) Full rosters for Hi Single A, Lo Single A & Rookie ball in the minors.

3) Create-a-Stadium!!!!
If the Show moves in that direction, I'd name my next born son Russell.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #16
MVP

I'm one who does want a new pbp guy. We need someone who when they record the lines, you can't hardly tell its a video game. We need a ton of more excitement on things like homers. Good examples of what I mean are 2k when Jon Miller was doing pbp, High Heat with dave O'brian, and the mlb slugfest series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »