Home

I have been playing the VIta version....

This is a discussion on I have been playing the VIta version.... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
I have been playing the VIta version....

I have been playing the Vita version of The Show a whole lot lately and I have a question to see if anybody else is experiencing the same thing.

I have not been posting lately but most of the old timers know me. I am not starting this to start a flame thread or any other issues. This is all my opinion as well.

So, here go. I have experienced much smoother game play with the Vita version than the PS4 version of The Show. The outfielders move a normal and steady pace, they don't accelerate and slow down in spurts. The throwing animations and transition animations seem to be smoother. I am also doing better at the plate. The pitch speed seems to be smoother as well and the pitches seem to be easier to distinguish between types. Now I know the presentations are no where close to each other, I am just talking game play here.

I have played the Vita version almost exclusively for the past month or so, as I have been traveling. Probably on average about 2/3 games a day. Got home yesterday and transferred my franchise back to my PS4 and started playing again. Just really hit me and it was kind of jarring to see and feel such a game play difference.

So I was wondering if anybody else has or had experienced the difference, or am I going nuts. Second I have never really messed with sliders. Do you guys think I would be able to tweak the sliders to match the Vita game play and where do you think I should start or is it just two different games playing differently. Or maybe even switching back to the PS3 version, which I really have no desire to do, I am just really liking the game play on the Vita.

Anyway thanks for any input guys.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 12-05-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I have been playing the VIta version....

I play the Show on Vita at work & on the PS4 at home. It feels different to me, but that may be because on the Vita I have one eye on the ball & the other on my boss
#44Syracuse
Old 12-06-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Vita ball physics feel floatier, and when I played the Vita version using PS TV, I was really disappointed being reminded about the bigger ball size without having an option for a normal size.

Nonetheless, I always love having a Vita version. I wonder if I can go back and forth from Vita MLB 14 to PS4 MLB 15 whenever I want, or if it's a one-time import when you carry over or something. Otherwise if you can't, I pray there's an MLB 15 on Vita.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #4
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

I've also been playing the Vita version a ton lately... I've gone back and forth between the Vita and PS4 but primarily exclusively playing on the Vita due to convenience and much better load times.

I'm doing a franchise with player lock on Adam Wainwright (picked him randomly). I really dig the ability to player lock and watch the conclusion of the games I pitch in. I would like to see the option to player lock on multiple players per game this year.

One more thing, looks like we will get a PS Vita version this year.

MLB 15 The Show Out 3/31 for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita

Cheers!
Old 12-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I don't have a PS4 (still going strong with the PS3) but do have MLB 14 The Show for both the Vita and PS3 and have probably played 90% of my games on the Vita this year. I usually get a game in during my lunch break at my desk and then will play 1-2 games in the evening. Quick counts and the scaled-back presentation enable me to get through dates on the calendar at a faster pace.

As for sliders, I used Armor & Sword's PS3 set with a few personal tweaks. They work great.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »