Home

MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #129
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
There's still more I want to know about it though...like whether you have to be at a certain point in the franchise to do the transfer (like offseason), and how any potential new features are going to gel with the last game's coding (like if there was a new attribute, how would it be assigned to players on a '14 save, that sort of thing).
Fair point and I agree. I asked the question about being at a certain point so I hoping PSNation got an answer, but with it being forward compatible you should be able to continue in 15 no matter where you are in 14. Guess we'll wait and see. Maybe I spoke too soon.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #130
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I predict we will get completely brand new Next Gen player models in MLB 17 The Show.
That would be pretty disappointing since the PS4 has nowhere near the learning curve the PS3 had... Also there's no way this gen lasts as long as the previous one, I'm betting 6 years a la PSX/PS2 but personally I'm hoping for 5. The first major graphical upgrade occurring in year 4 would not be ideal...

Of course there's also the possibility of the dev team being satisfied with the current player models and therefore don't see the urgency for an upgrade. Its not like the models are awful, just a little dated compared other games (mainly NBA 2K, I personally don't think any EA sports games look that great). We'll see though, all we've seen so far is a small snippet of a build from who knows when.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #131
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Still it's very lack luster for one of their main new features to be a recycled one from last year.
While on it's own it may not be enough for some to warrant a purchase (which is perfectly understandable), it makes sense that it would be one of the first features mentioned for 15. The ability to continue a franchise/career from one iteration to the next is a hugely important accomplishment for the sports genre and, as others have mentioned, this is the first it will be seen in action..

Now, personally, I certainly want more features than save transfers if I'm to purchase (after all, there needs to be a compelling reason for me to jump ahead), but I don't think SCEA can tout the feature enough.

In any case, it's December. It's far too early in the information cycle for me to be too up or down on anything related to 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
There's still more I want to know about it though...like whether you have to be at a certain point in the franchise to do the transfer (like offseason), and how any potential new features are going to gel with the last game's coding (like IF there was a new attribute, how would it be assigned to players on a '14 save, that sort of thing).
This is kind of where I'm at with it. I actually have no plans of transferring my 14 franchise to 15 because of stat tracking. If SCEA finally updates year-to-year stat tracking (God, I hope this is in for 15), then I don't see a way for such info to be generated from seasons completed prior to their inclusion, which would mess with career numbers (for CAPs in particular) in certain categories.

We'll see, I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #132
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
This is kind of where I'm at with it. I actually have no plans of transferring my 14 franchise to 15 because of stat tracking. If SCEA finally updates year-to-year stat tracking (God, I hope this is in for 15), then I don't see a way for such info to be generated from seasons completed prior to there inclusion, which would mess with career numbers (for CAPs in particular) in certain categories.

We'll see, I guess.
I'm pretty much obligated to transfer over my save, I'm in 2019 and there's no way I can just dump all of the players I drafted and developed lol. They mean more to me than Felix, Walker, etc. now
Old 12-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #133
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I'm pretty much obligated to transfer over my save, I'm in 2019 and there's no way I can just dump all of the players I drafted and developed lol. They mean more to me than Felix, Walker, etc. now
Definitely get you there, which speaks to why the feature is so important. I normally go at least a couple years or more in as well, so it was a concerted effort on my part to keep things held down to the first year in 14's franchise. On the upside, it led me to spending some real time with RTTS for the first time. I do have some plans for my guy there!
Old 12-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #134
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
That would be pretty disappointing since the PS4 has nowhere near the learning curve the PS3 had... Also there's no way this gen lasts as long as the previous one, I'm betting 6 years a la PSX/PS2 but personally I'm hoping for 5. The first major graphical upgrade occurring in year 4 would not be ideal...

Of course there's also the possibility of the dev team being satisfied with the current player models and therefore don't see the urgency for an upgrade. Its not like the models are awful, just a little dated compared other games (mainly NBA 2K, I personally don't think any EA sports games look that great). We'll see though, all we've seen so far is a small snippet of a build from who knows when.
At this point, it isn't so much the models (although they still need work), it is the lighting, the colors and textures, the physics and the dated animations packages that have been hanging around for quite some time now. I'd be willing to be that what we see here will be close to what we see when it hits shelves.

Crossover saves are cool, but the visuals are so stale, this already feels like a roster update with some new equipment. Diamond Dynasty and the buying of cards doesn't interest me whatsoever. I'll wait for more news but so far I'm leaning towards a pass this year. I certainly could be wrong, but I don't envision the game play improvements being that drastic that it warrants a purchase. 14 plays just fine for me.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #135
Banned

OVR: 0

March 31 that's more like it! and this year we get this info in Decemeber not Feburary! Perfect time for the Os rosters because most moves will be made before seaosn starts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #136
MVP

og236's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
March 31 that's more like it! and this year we get this info in Decemeber not Feburary! Perfect time for the Os rosters because most moves will be made before seaosn starts

Dude, that wait last year for PS4 The Show news was a looongggggg one !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »