Home

More MLB 15 The Show Details Revealed - New Radio Show, Improved Load Times & More

This is a discussion on More MLB 15 The Show Details Revealed - New Radio Show, Improved Load Times & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2014, 12:04 AM   #49
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: More MLB 15 The Show Details Revealed - New Radio Show, Improved Load Times & Mor

Trivial, but with all this good news no one still has yet to find a way to fix the front numeral size on the Dodgers uniforms...

Old 12-07-2014, 12:18 AM   #50
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More MLB 15 The Show Details Revealed - New Radio Show, Improved Load Times & Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm just curious as to what the radio show is and how it relates to the game.
I don't want to get ahead of myself here and think it's something it may not be and then be disappointed.

Can't wait though.

M.K.
Knight165
My hope is inside of your franchise hub your hearing a radio show with updates of your franchise, hot stove like rumors, resigning players, trades, players of the week, divisional races etc. Kinda like The Tony Bruno Show from Madden 2005 but on steroids for the PS4
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-07-2014, 12:20 AM   #51
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
No one is interested in directional hitting?
Extremely interested in that. Very curious if it can be utilized on timed hitting as well. Would love that.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 12:40 AM   #52
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Of course I'm just daydreaming but it IS possible that they plan to create all the tv/broadcast segments in a future year, and are just starting with a radio show for now. I mean the only difference between a radio show and a tv show is visual. Most of the lines they'd be using would work just as well.
That difference, with and without visual, is in fact such a HUGE difference that I really doubt TV-style sport show is ever possible on a console game. If we are talking about just a bunch of cut scenes repeated over and over, then yes I presume it's possible, but it will go stale very quickly, just as all commentary do. And I just cannot see how capturing gameplay from a dozen games every day is possible, when the load time before each game is already substantial. And that's basically the reason we have the "sim" option to skip games to accelerate things. If we are expecting to sim away all those games and hoping the TV recap to show the some gameplay footage, it won't happen I think.

However, I find radio-style broadcast would be very promising and just as good, if the presentation is done very well (who knows it might not be all that better than the current commentary...). I grew up listening to WFAN following the Mets all the time, and baseball really is a decent sport to hear on radio. Hope it will be done well.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:45 AM   #53
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

The Radio show, Directional hitting, Improved load times, and Licensed Equipment sound good. I'm a little disappointed though that they mention Diamond Dynasty before Franchise mode.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:46 AM   #54
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Well I don't really know what it means.

Other than that small obstacle, I'm quite interested.

I'd assume it means hitting in a desired direction, but we already have swing influence,thus leaving me a bit confused...
Do we?.......Stay tuned.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:18 AM   #55
Banned

Awesome! Can't wait! Wish it was coming out tomorrow! The radio show has me very intrigued! Major graphical sounds real awesome! I wonder what brand gear are they using. Just Nike? I hope they are going to start releasing info on franchise mode! This is going to be very waiting for the release!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 03:33 AM   #56
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: More MLB 15 The Show Details

Revamped night lighting....... I might just **** bricks.

EDIT: Directional hitting concerns me, only if they remove zone hitting. Please tell me they keep that option.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 12-07-2014 at 03:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »