Home

One necessity: MLB The Show 15/16 animations

This is a discussion on One necessity: MLB The Show 15/16 animations within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2015, 10:57 PM   #49
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: One necessity: MLB The Show 15/16 animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Seriously.

I was shocked when i saw so many players sporting beards that they rarely if ever have.

Hopefully this year, they pay more attention to player hair and beards.
I try not to hate on games (especially sports games) as much as some people do. I understand some things can't happen because of licensing and agreements. And I know it's a lot of work getting things like batting stances and equipment for the players updated. But it doesn't make any sense to me how they give facial hair styles to guys who've never had their facial hair that way. It's just incorrect, which is why it's such a big deal to me
Old 01-05-2015, 11:36 PM   #50
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

i just got done with a series IN Milwaukee and had some brewers hit homers.. there was not once that Bernie came down the slide...

now what the freak is up with that...
Old 01-06-2015, 12:57 PM   #51
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

I would really like to see the running animation redone, to me there is something that just looks very mechanical and un-natural especially when running the bases. And a one personal preference I would like when it comes to running in both fielding and baserunning is the addition of a speed boost button to mash, ( one of the 2k games had it where you rapid tap (X or A) when running down to first for a extra boost in speed, and I enjoyed that it gave the game a little sense of urgency/ excitement. I would love to see something like that but not just applied to running to first but to all bases and fielding a ball in the gap. For me when I play I tend to get amped up and really get into the drama of the game so having a little something extra to do when fielding or baserunning to get more involved and feel like I'm actually doing something other than just telling the runner where to go or moving in the direction of the ball would be a very welcome addition to me, or hell they could just have a dead face button to mash at will and I can just pretend its doing something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 02:15 PM   #52
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

No turbo. Just. No.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #53
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
No turbo. Just. No.

don't think of it as a turbo, think about it more as a little boost in speed ( or giving it your all) which players already do in real life when trying to stretch out a single into a double or trying to score from first on a ball in the gap. in those situation every player pushes a little harder to run faster to make it to the bag, this is something I feel is not really represented in the game, the sense of urgency. how many times you see/ hear a third base coach in real life yelling out to his players to get to the bag with a sense of urgency and that player steps it up a notch to get to there and that what I'm talking about. I mean how else would someone like Panda hit a triple if he didn't haul *** as fast as he can out the gate, without giving it a little something extra. But when you have one running speed for all situations in the game, kind of takes some of the control out of your hands
Old 01-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
No turbo. Just. No.

I can see some benefit in a sprinting system of some kind, if done right. Each players' sprint stamina determined by their stats. Give a little more variety depending on who you're playing as. Maybe a bit of a risk reward system. Come in too hot and you might miss play the ball. Come in too slow and it will get past you.

Plus it could solve people's complaints about players always giving 110% to first base on every hit/out even though that's far from realistic (they usually just jog). This way you can chalk up the jogging to endurance instead of laziness or lack of heart stat or any other categorization that would irk the MLB and players.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:19 PM   #55
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
I can see some benefit in a sprinting system of some kind, if done right. Each players' sprint stamina determined by their stats. Give a little more variety depending on who you're playing as. Maybe a bit of a risk reward system. Come in too hot and you might miss play the ball. Come in too slow and it will get past you.

Plus it could solve people's complaints about players always giving 110% to first base on every hit/out even though that's far from realistic (they usually just jog). This way you can chalk up the jogging to endurance instead of laziness or lack of heart stat or any other categorization that would irk the MLB and players.

tying in a risk reward system to it is a great idea, push yourself to hard you risk injury, or possible over shoot the bag (peter bourjos did that a few times this year stealing second ran a little too fast and ended up sliding right off the bag for a out), so its not necessarily something you will use all the time or something that can be exploited all the time. but in certain situation it would be nice to have that kind of option.

Last edited by ryanmc564; 01-06-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 03:28 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 24

A variation in speed would be nice, but I think what we need is slower, not faster.

If a fielder is not running full speed, it's most likely because he is not sure where the ball will land, or because he's slowing down to prepare for a catch, or to reach down for a ball on the ground etc...

An algorithm that encourages you to slow down to a "comfortable" speed in exchange for a higher catch success rate...

Slow jog animations for routine fly balls.

Runners jogging to second if you aren't holding down the run button AND the base is clearly, easily yours (ball is not even retrieved yet).

Those are more along the lines of what I'd like to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »