Home

Petition: Allow us to be the owners of all organizations of MLB in Franchise mode

This is a discussion on Petition: Allow us to be the owners of all organizations of MLB in Franchise mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you want to be the owner in franchise mode?
Yes 48 72.73%
No 18 27.27%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2015, 02:41 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Petition: Allow us to be the owners of all organizations of MLB in Franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
I don't play those games, but relocation in MLB would mean something negative. How do you think Expo's fans feel about relocation? For a thriving league it should never happen and I just don't see something that has a negative connotation being put in the game. Not saying I agree or disagree with not having it, just trying to be a counter voice to the ones who think its a no brainer to have it in.
Why shouldn't it happen in a thriving league? Was the NBA thriving when the Sonics moved to OKC? I sure as hell think it was. Also the MLB was having great seasons when the Expos moved to DC. And if relocation was in the game, Expos fans would be thrilled because they could move some team back to Montreal and create the Expos again. Also I don't see the negative connotation here. This would allow fans who don't have a team to root for to bring their favorite team to their hometown/state and play with the team in that place. I mean as long as options are given teams don't have to relocate. Like the teams I could see being located are the Rays, A's. No one like the Yankees or Red Sox. I understand where you are coming from, trying to be a counter voice.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #18
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Petition: Allow us to be the owners of all organizations of MLB in Franchise mode

You don't see it because you want it in. MLB doesn't see it as a good thing. In a sport that has so much tradition they don't go moving teams unless its a last resort. What was the last time before Montreal that a team moved? Montreal is also the only team single team city that moved that didn't get another team fairly soon after in the history of MLB.

Also, I wouldnt say the NBA was exactly thriving. They wouldn't of had a lockout soon after if everything was great.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:09 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
You don't see it because you want it in. MLB doesn't see it as a good thing. In a sport that has so much tradition they don't go moving teams unless its a last resort. What was the last time before Montreal that a team moved? Montreal is also the only team single team city that moved that didn't get another team fairly soon after in the history of mlb. I wouldn't say the NBA was exactly thriving. They wouldn't have had a lockout soon after if everything was great.
Why doesn't the MLB want it in the game? I mean I can understand it real life but why not in a video game? And you could even argue with how Diamond Dynasty is set up, it is already in the game. You create a team place them in a city of your choice. Why aren't you limited to the cities where the MLB teams are then? You haven't answered that yet. I could go off of your point about Montreal with every other sport. Like does Brooklyn have an MLB team right now? Nope and they lost their team in the 50's or 60's. Same thing with Manhattan who had the Giants. And the lockout happened because the NBA was thriving and because of other issues. Some of them include salary cap issues, revenue splits, etc. Small market teams wanted a hard cap to try to limit super teams like the Heat/Cavs. That's why there was a lockout. Not because the NBA was in trouble.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #20
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Why doesn't the MLB want it in the game? I mean I can understand it real life but why not in a video game? And you could even argue with how Diamond Dynasty is set up, it is already in the game. You create a team place them in a city of your choice. Why aren't you limited to the cities where the MLB teams are then? You haven't answered that yet. I could go off of your point about Montreal with every other sport. Like does Brooklyn have an MLB team right now? Nope and they lost their team in the 50's or 60's. Same thing with Manhattan who had the Giants. And the lockout happened because the NBA was thriving and because of other issues. Some of them include salary cap issues, revenue splits, etc. Small market teams wanted a hard cap to try to limit super teams like the Heat/Cavs. That's why there was a lockout. Not because the NBA was in trouble.
The game represents MLB's product, so why would they want the game to show something that doesn't put their product in the best light? I'm not saying that is the case just because Ramone liked a post, but I can see why relocating a team from a place like Tampa Bay might be damaging to their brand. Tampa Bay is part of the MLB product and by wanting to remove them from an MLB game to a new more exciting city doesn't help Tampa Bay's image.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 01-26-2015, 03:45 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
The game represents MLB's product, so why would they want the game to show something that doesn't put their product in the best light? I'm not saying that is the case just because Ramone liked a post, but I can see why relocating a team from a place like Tampa Bay might be damaging to their brand. Tampa Bay is part of the MLB product and by wanting to remove them from an MLB game to a new more exciting city doesn't help Tampa Bay's image.
I can understand if you were in an online franchise, but how does it hurt the brand if on my personal franchise that I share with no one? That's where I am coming from. How does it hurt the brand if you are using an offline single player franchise mode? It doesn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #22
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I didn't say the NBA was in trouble, but you don't have lockouts when everything is great. A strike could happen because the employees/players want a bigger piece of the pie, but they did have issues or a lockout doesn't happen. The 2nd point, Brooklyn and Manhattan aren't cities, they are burrows of New York City which still had a team after they left. Anyway to answer you question. They have exclusive licences to promote their game which in turn promotes their 30 franchises. I imagine they don't want people turning their franchise into fictional teams that don't exist. Think of MLB The Show as a playable commercial for MLB.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
I didn't say the NBA was in trouble, but you don't have lockouts when everything is great. A strike could happen because the employees/players want a bigger piece of the pie, but they did have issues or a lockout doesn't happen. The 2nd point, Brooklyn and Manhattan aren't cities, they are burrows of New York City which still had a team after they left. Anyway to answer you question. They have exclusive licences to promote their game which in turn promotes their 30 franchises. I imagine they don't want people turning their franchise into fictional teams that don't exist. Think of MLB The Show as a playable commercial for MLB.
Since when do they have the exclusive licenses? Because this news to me.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:53 PM   #24
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
I can understand if you were in an online franchise, but how does it hurt the brand if on my personal franchise that I share with no one? That's where I am coming from. How does it hurt the brand if you are using an offline single player franchise mode? It doesn't.
I don't think it does either and I miss having that expansion team mode like All-Star Baseball had, but at the same time some organizations want a accurate depiction of their product. We already know that the MLB doesn't let SCEA have much leeway when it comes to uniforms, so I don't see it as a far stretch for the MLB not wanting a team in a different city. My opinion of it is because they want the game to represent their product and their 30 MLB teams, which I can respect.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »