Home

Is this worth the PS4?

This is a discussion on Is this worth the PS4? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2015, 01:42 AM   #1
Rookie

DanglingPenguins's Arena

OVR: 0
Is this worth the PS4?

Hey everyone,

I love baseball to death. Baseball and hockey are my two favourite sports by far. I had a PS3 to play The Show for a long time. I played the crap out of the games every year. My PS3 just died on me and I'm considering going out and spending the $450 tomorrow on the PS4 for The Show. I love the game and I just wanted to know if it's truly worth $450 for someone who's grown up playing/loving baseball. It's not that money is tight or anything, I would just like to know. Thing is that I play everything else on 360/One, and the PS4 would be just specifically for The Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2015, 04:55 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is this worth the PS4?

As much as you love MLB The Show...it's definitely worth it!
I bought the PS4 the first day it was available and have loved it from day one. I don't play hockey, but I do play tons of The Show, NBA 2k15, The Golf Club, Metal Gear, Super Mega Baseball, and several other games.
The games all look and perform better on PS4...and that will only improve as developers continue to learn how to max out this new system.
If money isn't an issue...you should buy one...you'll be glad you did.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:02 AM   #3
Rookie

ulua's Arena

OVR: 5

I bought my PS4 just for MLB THE SHOW and don't regret it, I then bought a Xbox One cause it was available when every where else was sold out, was lucky casue some one canceled their order, both are great.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:33 AM   #4
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Baseball fan? yes check
Money available? yes check
Is the Show worth PS4? yes check

plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanglingPenguins
I love baseball to death. Baseball and hockey are my two favourite sports by far. I had a PS3 to play The Show for a long time. I played the crap out of the games every year.
No brainer? Check Yes
Old 01-17-2015, 09:12 AM   #5
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

I was an XBOX 360 guy only until all I could get was 2k baseball. I bought a PS3 just for the show back in 2009 and a PS4 for the same reason on release day in 2013.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2015, 09:53 AM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Money non issue then do what you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #7
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

If you've got the cash to drop on a new PS4, go for it. I just bought one myself a couple weeks ago in anticipation of MLB 15 The Show. It was the GTA V/Last of Us Holiday bundle, local store had one left. $429 for the PS4 and 2 games. I also downloaded Dragon Age Inquisition and have been playing quite a bit of that the past week or so.

But come March 31st, those other games are going to see little play time in my rotation, it will be all about The Show.

Hopefully with all of the great enhancements they've been talking about, especially the revamped franchise mode, this years game is the best yet.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #8
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, like everyone said, if money isn't an issue, it's time to upgrade anyway. IMO, PS4 is the way to go and if you're as nutty as I am for baseball, this is your only choice. Search IGN Deals as there a few PS4 deals that still pop up. To be honest, I felt '14 was a port from the PS3. I'll bet 15 will be like a transition year with some great features, improved load times, and graphics and 16 will be great as the Ps3 will be faded out mostly by then (and hopefully they can fix sounds of the show by then too). They really support this franchise with weekly roster updates and if you want it on the go, you can buy and play it on vita and save your stuff to the cloud to carry over from system to system. You don't need to start a new RTTS guy anymore either as they carry over with year to year saves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »