Home

How to edit player to have "Top 50" icon?

This is a discussion on How to edit player to have "Top 50" icon? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #1
Rookie

psalm116's Arena

OVR: 5
How to edit player to have "Top 50" icon?

Hello,

I was editing a player in franchise mode (attributes) and increased the potential of a minor league player above 90. When I went to the manage roster screen - the player now has a "Top 50" icon next to it. I tried to see if increasing the potential to above 90 would change other players to "top 50" and it did not. Does anybody know what are the edits to affect a player to receive the "Top 50" icon?

FYI - the player was a pitcher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How to edit player to have "Top 50" icon?

I havent checked before but i believe it goes by overall. So the 50 highest rated players in the minors.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
Rookie

psalm116's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I havent checked before but i believe it goes by overall. So the 50 highest rated players in the minors.
Thanks for the feedback.

I've tried a handful of things and I'm still not sure what gives a prospect/minor league player a "Top 50" icon.

The 1st player (SP) was only 20 years old with a overall of 66 w/pot. of 92 (the pot. was the only thing I changed and he received a "Top 50" icon).

The other minor league players (all in AA or AAA) changed the ratings of pot. and other attributes higher than the 1st player and no icon. Go figure. The only thing different is the age, which the other players were 1-2 years older. Going thru the other teams - there were players older with the "Top 50" icon - so I don't think age has anything to do with it.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:23 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

I would love for them to put in an actual section on the screen where u can see all the top 50 (or 100) prospects.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:06 AM   #5
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm116
Thanks for the feedback.

I've tried a handful of things and I'm still not sure what gives a prospect/minor league player a "Top 50" icon.

The 1st player (SP) was only 20 years old with a overall of 66 w/pot. of 92 (the pot. was the only thing I changed and he received a "Top 50" icon).

The other minor league players (all in AA or AAA) changed the ratings of pot. and other attributes higher than the 1st player and no icon. Go figure. The only thing different is the age, which the other players were 1-2 years older. Going thru the other teams - there were players older with the "Top 50" icon - so I don't think age has anything to do with it.
I'm not sure about this either. My only thought was maybe they only rate them at certain times. Once they are set they don't update or change for a period of time. I know in my franchise I had Soler, Bryant and Baez all as top 50 prospects from the get go and then once I promoted them in year two one of my previous years draft picks became a top 50 player.

Did you edit them at the same time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 02:29 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
I would love for them to put in an actual section on the screen where u can see all the top 50 (or 100) prospects.
I agree, especially since prospects and top 100 lists are getting bigger and bigger every year. Minor League baseball has never been bigger than it is now. Heck, we even televise the MLB draft now and make it an event. It used to just be text in the newspaper the next day.

The Show could use a top 100 index and more presentation during draft day. For the crappy teams, draft day is often one of the most exciting days of the year, right after Opening Day.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:58 AM   #7
Rookie

psalm116's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
I'm not sure about this either. My only thought was maybe they only rate them at certain times. Once they are set they don't update or change for a period of time. I know in my franchise I had Soler, Bryant and Baez all as top 50 prospects from the get go and then once I promoted them in year two one of my previous years draft picks became a top 50 player.

Did you edit them at the same time?
Here's more of my personal experience with "Top 50" icon. First - thanks again for all the feedback - I can always count on OS for advice etc.

When I experiment with other players, after receiving the "Top 50" with the one player - I've tried changing attributes (hitting etc.) along with Potential rating and no change. I went to other positional players with "Top 50" and duplicated their ratings and no change. So I went back and changed all my players back to the original ratings, with the exception of the potential rating (kept over 90). Fast forward a couple games and when I went to the manage roster screen, those players now have a "Top 50" icon - and all of them have a overall rating of less than 70. So maybe there was a delay in receiving the "Top 50" icon.

I hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:13 AM   #8
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I believe there is a formula based on age, potential and overall which gives the prospect a top 50 icon. I believe (don't quote me) the player cannot be a top 50 if they are on a mlb roster, have service time or over the age of 23 or 24.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »