Home

Equipment Licenses

This is a discussion on Equipment Licenses within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #33
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Equipment Licenses

In the Fact Sheet thread, someone asked if the LED ribbons were updated, to which Ramone replied to wait for the stadium twitch stream. That leads me to believe that they might start putting ads there like in a real stadium. I think that would be fantastic and add to the realism.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #34
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

I really don't get why these licenses are so important to some people. I could care less what shoe any player wears, or gloves etc.. It's cool that the devs listened to what some people wanted and got them in the game, but for me it's just nonsense.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 02-04-2015, 04:30 PM   #35
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Licensed equipment wasn't big on my list of things but I'm glad they were able to get it in there. Should add to the immersion. Can't wait for the stream tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #36
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I really don't get why these licenses are so important to some people. I could care less what shoe any player wears, or gloves etc.. It's cool that the devs listened to what some people wanted and got them in the game, but for me it's just nonsense.
I just like anything that adds to the authenticity. Besides, every other sports games has official equipment licenses, its about time the best one did!
Old 02-04-2015, 05:00 PM   #37
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
I just like anything that adds to the authenticity. Besides, every other sports games has official equipment licenses, its about time the best one did!
Maybe I'm just old school, but from what baseball games used to be to what they are today is just incredible. To me something like a logo on a bat or glove is just not that high on my list of what to add. I get that it makes it more authentic and I'm all for that. But some people act like it's a game breaker if it's not being added!

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 02-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #38
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
But some people act like it's a game breaker if it's not being added!
I haven't seen that for equipment. Maybe for something retractable roofs, which is a little ridiculous, but I can still see the point. If my team was the D-Backs example, a stadium that has a closed roof for 90% of all games, I'd be pretty upset about having to play every single game with an open roof. It just kills the immersion for some people. You could say the same for people that need authentic equipment or anything that would be considered miniscule to some.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:57 PM   #39
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I would be weary about wanting different advertisements in stadia. I know that there were a couple of NHL games where they would put in real ads, and they actually took away from the authenticity (not to mention that they weren't rasterized property).

Old 02-04-2015, 06:07 PM   #40
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

But seriously, there are multiple people working on multiple aspects of the game, so the person doing the licensed equipment art was probably already doing art (but for generic equipment since that is updated every few years anyway). Plus, just because something isn't important to you doesn't mean it isn't important to other people! Opinions and all that

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »