Home

Analog hitting changed or not?

This is a discussion on Analog hitting changed or not? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2015, 10:36 PM   #41
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Analog hitting changed or not?

This reminds me of guess pitch when it was changed. A vocal minority wanted the old system but it didnt get re-added. I use button any way. And still miss the old guess pitch

Last edited by MLB Bob; 02-06-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 11:03 PM   #42
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

How will check swings work now?
Old 02-06-2015, 11:21 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
How will check swings work now?

You know I didn't think about that in till you brought that up lol. My guess is that if you push the stick more then half way up it will be a swing if you push the stick less then half way up and then stop the player will stop and check there swing. That is really the only Idea I could think of for that.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:27 PM   #44
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

Wow that's gonna feel very weird.... Wish we had the option to revert to the old mechanic .. Bummed about this change
Old 02-07-2015, 12:44 AM   #45
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
While there are a handful of people on OS who might not like it there could be 300k who love the change that don't post here. See the predicament? We can't judge the popularity of something good or bad entirely by what people post on forums because we are talking about a very very small % of the user base that's vocal.
Thank you for the honest answer Ramone, you know I always trust you, but now I fear for this change.

Your words are in my mind from 2 years back, when you said you pride yourselfs for leaving in the game every old control interface and just always adding to it. Don't know why it would be hard to leave in the old system and give the others new options.

If you have a Chinese restaurant you don't take away the eating sticks because only a minority of people uses it. You have to stay authentic and give people all the options they used to.

Of course I'll still buy the game no matter what, but if it's still possible to re-add it, please consider doing so. It's important for a few.

Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2015, 07:24 AM   #46
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Thank you for the honest answer Ramone, you know I always trust you, but now I fear for this change.

Your words are in my mind from 2 years back, when you said you pride yourselfs for leaving in the game every old control interface and just always adding to it. Don't know why it would be hard to leave in the old system and give the others new options.

If you have a Chinese restaurant you don't take away the eating sticks because only a minority of people uses it. You have to stay authentic and give people all the options they used to.

Of course I'll still buy the game no matter what, but if it's still possible to re-add it, please consider doing so. It's important for a few.

Thank you!
Sorry my friend but the way you know analog hitting is gone.
I think your analogy with the chopsticks is not quite true as they have not removed anything only modified it.
Obviously from their research they found that not many people used analog in its current form so chose to make it easier to appeal to more people because after all more sales=more $$$$.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #47
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

I was absolutely disgusted by that when I heard it. I'm in denial about it honestly, and haven't looked into it yet. From what I heard in the live stream, he said, analog control is now only up flick for swings, and the down-up control is power hitting. He mentioned one other thing about it.

That leaves me to assume, stride is no longer even apart of the swing anymore if down-up only activates a Power Swing? That is devastating for me if true. The stride was a very important part of the game for me last year, I enjoyed controlling every player it made them all feel different. I even activated the stride difficulty to its highest point 10, in the sliders.

Among the information that dissapoints, this breaks the line so much it is enough reason to cancel a preorder even at $40 like mine. Besides, what is so Hard about hitting SQUARE before you decide to swing? or CIRCLE? As I said, I'm still in denial I think there is just some massive misunderstanding that happened which I why i never even bothered to bring it up before.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 02-07-2015 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:05 AM   #48
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No we felt it needed to be simplified. The user no longer has to worry about the batters stride timing anymore. Pushing up on the stick is as simple as pressing down on X and it arguably has a better feel to it. Analog hitting in it's state before the change was also not used by allot of users so a change was warranted.

Some people will like the change and some won't. We believe the former will out weigh the latter.
Excuse me? That's an illogical approach to developing the game, I would hope enough players would put their foot down and ignore this series. It's highly unimpressive logic. That same approach was given for removing natural pace from the game, and forcing all users to ignore the issue and play through auto skipped portions of the game. Still no indication has been made about a gesture to rectify that situation but those annoyed by it try were willing to be trampled on and cope with it to live on what the game does offer. That's not how we should approach our spending of $60. At this point, I hope your team of decision makers will somehow be made to realize making decisions this way is only going to hurt. This has given no choice for players affected but to put their foot down and ignore the game. Others not well enough researched are in store for a massive dissapointment and they will react as well. I don't know where this data is being read from, but it's not my problem anymore we'll just have to see when your team will come around and stop being obnoxious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »