Home

Analog hitting changed or not?

This is a discussion on Analog hitting changed or not? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2015, 08:56 PM   #65
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Analog hitting changed or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I dont think Pure Analog is only Timing now? iirc you have two options Timing with Analog, and "Pure Analog" which still includes the tilting right-ish and left-ish depending on the pitch location.

At least that is how I understood the Twitch thingamajig. Russell said something about Pure Analog being a separate option from simply swinging with the analog stick.
For simplicity sake let's call it just analog. Basically analog has been made an input option for zone and timing. So out of those two choices you use either buttons or analog. The analog portion is performed the same way for either. I asked about the angle (in or out) on the way up for the timing option and was told it was just straight up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 08:59 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
For simplicity sake let's call it just analog. Basically analog has been made an input option for zone and timing. So out of those two choices you use either buttons or analog. The analog portion is performed the same way for either. I asked about the angle (in or out) on the way up for the timing option and was told it was just straight up.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 02-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #67
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Right, so say you chose Timing and wanted Analog as your input option, you won't be penalized if your movement on the R-stick isn't straight (might be slightly to the left/right). Is this correct?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-10-2015, 09:01 PM   #68

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
Yeah, well I'm glad your among the ones not affected by the changes. Other players like myself have basically had the game snatched out of their hands and given to players who like it "easier" (edit- and faster). So that's basically the same thing as your figurative example.

Anyhow everyone excuse me, for I didn't recognize that when a deity representative from the grand old game company posts something ridiculous they were above criticism.
I can agree and understand that losing the option the way you prefer is frustrating.

That however, is not an excuse to take pop shots at others with comments like this.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:09 PM   #69
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Right, so say you chose Timing and wanted Analog as your input option, you won't be penalized if your movement on the R-stick isn't straight (might be slightly to the left/right). Is this correct?
I did not see any penalty when I used it and I was not perfectly straight on the way up on some of them.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:20 PM   #70
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I dont think Pure Analog is only Timing now? iirc you have two options Timing with Analog, and "Pure Analog" which still includes the tilting right-ish and left-ish depending on the pitch location.

At least that is how I understood the Twitch thingamajig. Russell said something about Pure Analog being a separate option from simply swinging with the analog stick.
Ramone posted earlier in the thread confirming that Pure Analog was re-designed to be essentially timing only.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:37 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just a pointless change. I don't know why they couldn't just create another option & called it "Analog Timing."

I have tried timing swinging & I always swing early. Doing the stride myself helped mentally prepare me to read the pitch & swing at the right time. Maybe that's just the way I'm wired because I used to play baseball but that method just made sense to me. Was on the fence on getting it this year, but I think I'm skipping now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 04:47 PM   #72
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6

I am still confused. Is zone plus analog still an option so that you still have to aim with the left stick and then push the right stick left, up or down and up for contact, normal and power swings. Instead of preloading the swing type by pressing no button (normal), square (power) and circle (contact)? Or is the only option for zone hitting with buttons?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »