Home

MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight 3/31

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight 3/31 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2015, 10:37 PM   #33
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight

I still don't get the perks of digital games. It is nice you get it right away and you can pre-download. Maybe it is just not for me.

1. You can't trade it in later if you beat it or the next version comes out with sports games (no resale value).
2. I am pretty sure they take up more space on the hard drive.
3. I personally like the old school aspect of a physical copy of a game, and picking a game up at a game store.

What do you guys like about the digital copies besides the accessibility?
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
Old 02-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
I still don't get the perks of digital games. It is nice you get it right away and you can pre-download. Maybe it is just not for me.

1. You can't trade it in later if you beat it or the next version comes out with sports games (no resale value).
3. I personally like the old school aspect of a physical copy of a game, and picking a game up at a game store.

well living in Australia the digital copy is the only choice I have of getting it day 1 release as it doesn't get released here as a hard copy, if I want to order form America would take a good 10 days (and more money to post)

MLB is the ONLY game I order digital sports games are good to order digital because like you mentioned become out of date the next year you can erase them from the HDD and just put the new version up

I NEVER trade games, I just find EB Gamestop Etc are really ripping people off doing it and people fall for it, it can be a few years later and I will feel like playing a PS ONE game which I still own some of them that are about 20 years old and still work, so I am also saving money there keeping things instead of SOny released Final Fantasy VII for every dam generation and people paying for it every time

I do prefer a hard copy it's great for the OCD mind, however it does take up more storage in your house and have to find more room for it.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:54 PM   #35
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

When I get done with a game I can usually just get 10 dollars for trading it in so it's not really that big of a deal for me. Going digital or physical they will both take up the same amount of space on your HDD. I have started just buying digital since I can pre-load the entire game and play right at midnight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 11:11 PM   #36
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
When I get done with a game I can usually just get 10 dollars for trading it in so it's not really that big of a deal for me. Going digital or physical they will both take up the same amount of space on your HDD. I have started just buying digital since I can pre-load the entire game and play right at midnight.
With sports games you don't get much back. But it is nice to be able to throw that 10 bucks towards the new version. For Far Cry 4 I beat it and got my first platinum trophy with it and traded it back for 44 bucks and put it towards the Show. Haha.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:11 PM   #37
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Hard drive space is incorrect on this generation of consoles. Physical, digital - it's all the same now.

I don't trade in games, so its resale value means absolutely, 100% nothing to me. Combine that with the convenience of digital and my choice is easy.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:13 PM   #38
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
well living in Australia the digital copy is the only choice I have of getting it day 1 release as it doesn't get released here as a hard copy, if I want to order form America would take a good 10 days (and more money to post)

MLB is the ONLY game I order digital sports games are good to order digital because like you mentioned become out of date the next year you can erase them from the HDD and just put the new version up

I NEVER trade games, I just find EB Gamestop Etc are really ripping people off doing it and people fall for it, it can be a few years later and I will feel like playing a PS ONE game which I still own some of them that are about 20 years old and still work, so I am also saving money there keeping things instead of SOny released Final Fantasy VII for every dam generation and people paying for it every time

I do prefer a hard copy it's great for the OCD mind, however it does take up more storage in your house and have to find more room for it.
Good point about people getting the game from other countries around the world. I didn't really think of that.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:38 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
With sports games you don't get much back. But it is nice to be able to throw that 10 bucks towards the new version. For Far Cry 4 I beat it and got my first platinum trophy with it and traded it back for 44 bucks and put it towards the Show. Haha.
You see this is where you get suckered in.. they sold it to you for $60 right? games are $60 there? so you lost $16 out of it.. then they would re sell your game for about $50 2nd hand to another customer so they pretty much make a $66 profit, which is more then selling another game.

meanwhile a few years later you will kick yourself that you traded the game because you feel like playing it again, and then might pick up another 2nd hand copy for about $20.

This is why I never trade games, I can understand getting rid of sports games though, they are games that become out of date in about 8 months and lose the appeal factor.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:42 PM   #40
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
You see this is where you get suckered in.. they sold it to you for $60 right? games are $60 there? so you lost $16 out of it.. then they would re sell your game for about $50 2nd hand to another customer so they pretty much make a $66 profit, which is more then selling another game.

meanwhile a few years later you will kick yourself that you traded the game because you feel like playing it again, and then might pick up another 2nd hand copy for about $20.

This is why I never trade games, I can understand getting rid of sports games though, they are games that become out of date in about 8 months and lose the appeal factor.
Unless you are like me and never play a game more than once. Same with movies. I already know what happens so unless its one of the best games ever there is no point in playing it again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »