Home

Stadium Lighting

This is a discussion on Stadium Lighting within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2015, 03:17 PM   #9
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Stadium Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikiboy
Following some of the suggestions for photos, I went and pulled some up and interestingly, it seems that the Pittsburgh skyline can be rather dark at times (save for some signs on the building).

I did see some other photos where this wasn't the case.

Gonna post some photos in a few.

Yeah this was heavily discussed last year when 14 came out. The Pitsburgh skyline was also brought up and photos showed it wasn't even that much off!

Old 02-11-2015, 03:19 PM   #10
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Stadium Lighting

Yep hopefully all tjr night lighting has bern sorted, from neon signs to pitch dark seating areas.

Was very inconsistent last year.

At&T looked fantastic at night. Others not so much.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

A few more...

Busch Stadium:

The Redbirds should really standout in neon Red along with the Cardinals (Budweiser) sign underneath them.

Also, the Coca Cola sign in centerfield should be neon white with the bottle on each side in a neon mint green (ala same as the Cola bottle at AT&T Park)
BuschStadium2.jpg
BuschStadium3.jpg
BuschStadiumCocaColaSign.jpg

Progressive Field (Indians sign):
The Indians sign should be lit in neon white, similar to what was done for U.S. Cellular Field's scoreboard and pinwheels in MLB The Show 14:
ProgressiveField1.jpg
ProgressiveField2.jpg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #12
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Yeah this was heavily discussed last year when 14 came out. The Pitsburgh skyline was also brought up and photos showed it wasn't even that much off!

Except, I could show you pictures of when I was there 4th of July weekend back in 2010 and the building were way more lit than that. Its all about when the pics are taken.

Its off by quite a bit.

- Uploaded pic

All of those lights were visible during the actual game. Its what impressed me so much about the park since it was my first time there.

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 02-11-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:26 PM   #13
Rookie

Found this picture of the Pittsburgh skyline at night that seemed a little more "lit up"
PNCParkSkyline.jpg
Old 02-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #14
Rookie

Had to add just a few more pics...

Comerica Park (Tigers script on scoreboard):
They did a great job on this in terms of the letters displaying other content like from the scoreboard. Just needs to be outlined in orange neon:
ComericaPark1.jpg
ComericaPark2.jpg
ComericaPark3.jpg

Safeco Field:
I'm very biased on this one as this is the ballpark I attend the most. The Safeco sign is one of the things that REALLY stands out. Need the Blue neon for the 'Seattle Mariners' portion of the sign along with the gold outline and white of the lettering. Also can't forget the Red neon of the clock hands:
SafecoField1.jpg

Citizens Bank Park:
They actually just about nailed this part, but it was like there was a bug that made the Liberty Bell not completely light up. I can't imagine that it wasn't fixed for '15. Would be cool if they implemented some of the other looks to the Bell like the dotted stars.:
LibertyBell2.jpg
Old 02-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #15
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

This was one of my biggest gripes with 14 because they played up the all-new built from scratch stadiums and new lighting system, and then a lot of the ballparks looked like they were half-finished because of lighting issues like these.

Really hope all of these are fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #16
Rookie

Just to make sure it is understood that the work they implemented last year was fantastic, they absolutely nailed AT&T Park in San Francisco and Target Field.

The neon Coke Bottle and scoreboard clock in AT&T was perfect. I still like to play exhibition games at both of those parks just because they feel so real.

I thought Dodger Stadium was pretty good too (I know some have posted structural inconsistencies).

Playing sunny day games at both Pittsburgh and San Diego is cool too as there is so much there visually.

Really hoping they have another Cathedrals video like they did for '14 showing all of the ballpark enhancements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »