Home

MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2015, 04:16 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 33
Great read. We often look at pre release details that hint at areas that have been improved to a questionable degree. SCEA have been very forthcoming in this area giving realistic indications as to where this game may or may not have been improved.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:24 PM   #10
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
So here it was, late February of 2012, and I'm dying to pick up MLB 2K12 for my 360. I was a little upset that they weren't showing us much, but The Show was getting some exposure. Not that I really cared, I didn't have any Sony systems at the time. And then I saw this video clip of The Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dIjsunHb54

Whoa. Was I ever impressed! So impressed that I went out and bought a PS3, a Vita, and The Show for both systems. Got two systems. For one game. And it was the best investment I ever made. Not only that, but since I was now hooked on The Show, it was the main reason why I got a PS4 over an Xbox One. I never did pick up 2K12.

The moral of the story? At least in my case, revealing the game early made me RUN out to buy it. If you have a good product, you're going to want as many people to see it as possible. I'm sure there are a ton of people out there right now who are just waiting for that good reason to get this gen's system. Will The Show be that reason? Will it be the deciding factor in selling a PS4 over an Xbox one?

It was for me.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB 15 The Show: An Era of Transparency

Along with everything else that's been mentioned as far as transparency goes, The Show is the only sports game series I can think of that explains IN DETAIL what its sliders do. We also get plenty of under-the-hood info about the game's mechanics and how it applies to real life thanks to an extensive guide built into the game. No one else does that - no one. Other games are making strides toward being more transparent (and it's just as welcomed for those games), but the Show has been this way for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #12
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

The greedy side of me wants the Show to go one step further with the transparency & share the secret of how they arrive at attribute ratings lol
Old 02-11-2015, 05:10 PM   #13
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
The greedy side of me wants the Show to go one step further with the transparency & share the secret of how they arrive at attribute ratings lol
Good luck with that!
Old 02-11-2015, 05:26 PM   #14
Rookie

markus48's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Well said. The Show's team is really a bunch of pros. They listen to their fans, implement new features without taking out old ones. They constantly stack the deck and keep building a game full of options and features without taking away the core gameplay that some Show veterans (like myself) still utilize (Classic pitching, timed batting) in fact a perfect example of adding is directional hitting to the timed mechanic. They are not forcing on us. If you want to play timed the default way...you can. If you want to add in the directional user input you have that option.

And the communication with the community is second to none.
Well said, everything you just mentioned is what EA DIDN'T do with NHL 15. They completely ruined the game for this year and heard about it from the fans. On the other hand, I think this form of feedback for MLB is what makes the game so successful and great every year.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:27 PM   #15
Rookie

markus48's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus48
Well said, everything you just mentioned is what EA DIDN'T do with NHL 15. They completely ruined the game for this year and heard about it from the fans. On the other hand, I think this form of feedback for MLB is what makes the game so successful and great every year.
Whoops, put in "Well said" by accident
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 05:47 PM   #16
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I do think SCEA does it right with this game. I'm beginning to grow tired of the growing cries that this franchise has turned into Madden. The main difference is that this game has nearly perfectly the gameplay of baseball. Madden still had fundamental flaws, especially in the WR/DB area. It would be great to have something be eye-poppingly different to refresh the series, however, it's hard to improve on near perfection.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »