Home

MLB 15 The Show: Revamped Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Revamped Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show: Revamped Diamond Dynasty

During Thursday's Twitch feed, the MLB 15: The Show team showed off a revamped Diamond Dynasty mode. While there are a lot of things to be excited about with any new version of The Show, improvements to Diamond Dynasty (DD) mode are certainly an intriguing and welcome change.

If you haven't experienced DD before, it's The Show's version of EA's innovative Ultimate Team mode. The gist of these modes is to collect some kind of currency, spend it on packs of virtual cards, and build a competitive team. EA has mastered the art of making Ultimate Team addictive -- and squeezing you for a little extra cash after you've bought the main game.

Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Revamped Diamond Dynasty
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 02:59 PM   #2
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Coming from a long-time FUT player, the new additions sound great. I can tell you I'll definitely be playing more DD this year. A virtual baseball card-collecting game where you get to use the players and items you acquire, without contracts or expirations? Sign me up!

And you're spot on about contracts. At first they added a layer of management, but now they're more of a chore than anything. I'd love to see them done away with in other UT games as well.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:11 PM   #3
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Revamped Diamond Dynasty

I too tried getting into DD when it was introduced in '12 but after 10 games I lost my star MLB players and was left with really bad DD players and it wasn't fun. I love that it is all MLB players and they are with us forever.

But I also like that they didn't completely get rid of the DD player and gave us 1. Although I am not fond of it being able to both be a Pitcher and a Position Player, I would prefer either just one or the other or give us 2 DD players.

But I loved you're idea of being able to import your RTTS guy. And if this were the case, as your RTTS improved, your DD player improved too so you do not have to feed cards as the only way to improve the DD players ratings.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:29 PM   #4
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
"First, they have gotten rid of contracts. This incessent need to manage how long players can play for you has been a staple of these modes from the beginning. At first, it was kind of neat, and provided another layer of decision making. But eventually, it seemed, collecting the contract extensions became more important than the players themselves. And, as the modes became more complex, this level of tedium was more annoying than interesting."

Uhh DD never had contract extensions so this whole paragraph is just wrong. The fun thing about DD was the fact you had to constantly manage your team and find replacements for your guys about to retire. Plus retired guys can win awards or make the HOF, which is not in any other Ultimate Team mode.

I can appreciate and understand SCEA's decision to appeal this to the mass more than while still leave the customization in there for the hard core DD vets. I just hope they fix the online stability and give us a choice on which difficulty to play online. I am sick of being forced to play on Vet/AS mode where PCI is big as the K-zone.

My greatest fear is that the mode will just turn into a glorified ASG where everyone will have Cano, Tulo, Cabrera, Trout, Molina, Kershaw, Scherzer, etc. I wish they would take a page from MUT in something that MUT actually does well. And that is all of the offline challenges and the array of cards they release weekly into new packs, plus adding new collections to fill. I don't see SCEA doing this much, thus you will see the same players once everyone gets enough packs to open. I hope it really is as difficult as they say to earn the diamond cards or else this could get stale by June. At least with the fictional players you never saw the same player twice, literally.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:02 PM   #5
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
"First, they have gotten rid of contracts. This incessent need to manage how long players can play for you has been a staple of these modes from the beginning. At first, it was kind of neat, and provided another layer of decision making. But eventually, it seemed, collecting the contract extensions became more important than the players themselves. And, as the modes became more complex, this level of tedium was more annoying than interesting."

Uhh DD never had contract extensions so this whole paragraph is just wrong. The fun thing about DD was the fact you had to constantly manage your team and find replacements for your guys about to retire. Plus retired guys can win awards or make the HOF, which is not in any other Ultimate Team mode.

I can appreciate and understand SCEA's decision to appeal this to the mass more than while still leave the customization in there for the hard core DD vets. I just hope they fix the online stability and give us a choice on which difficulty to play online. I am sick of being forced to play on Vet/AS mode where PCI is big as the K-zone.

My greatest fear is that the mode will just turn into a glorified ASG where everyone will have Cano, Tulo, Cabrera, Trout, Molina, Kershaw, Scherzer, etc. I wish they would take a page from MUT in something that MUT actually does well. And that is all of the offline challenges and the array of cards they release weekly into new packs, plus adding new collections to fill. I don't see SCEA doing this much, thus you will see the same players once everyone gets enough packs to open. I hope it really is as difficult as they say to earn the diamond cards or else this could get stale by June. At least with the fictional players you never saw the same player twice, literally.
In the stream, they made it very clear that these cards are Diamond cards and that they are very,very extremely rare. To get more than 3 of them I feel is going to be rather difficult. They mentioned that there will definitely not be stacked teams like in years past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah they said that but we will see what everyone's team looks like in May/June.

Youtube
Old 02-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #7
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
lol statistical monsters is an understatement,mode was anything sim like and if guys really feel the need to play that way then by all means keep it offline and create multiple players to your hearts content.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:05 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
EA has mastered the art of making Ultimate Team addictive -- and squeezing you for a little extra cash after you've bought the main game.
Unfortunately, the MAIN reason why I have NO interest in DD. (Although I know it's not the same), EA killed this kind of mode for me before I even got into it. Shame too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »