Home

Graphics?

This is a discussion on Graphics? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2015, 07:41 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Graphics?

Principles would be not doing something illegal or morally wrong.. this guys just got ill guided logic.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:54 AM   #34
Rookie

CornHoller's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Principles would be not doing something illegal or morally wrong.. this guys just got ill guided logic.
With him not having the correct graphics IS morally wrong. These damn Yankee fans are so tormented. I wonder how he feels when Arod steps in the box this spring????
Old 02-23-2015, 11:08 AM   #35
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornHoller
With him not having the correct graphics IS morally wrong. These damn Yankee fans are so tormented. I wonder how he feels when Arod steps in the box this spring????
Hey now, we aren't all like him. Although, speaking of ARod, if the Nike symbol isn't in the lower left hand corner of his sun glasses, I'm not buying the game this year. It not being there is just unacceptable.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #36
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
meh, it is his money he can spend it however he wants.

I'll be picking this up on 3/31 and enjoying the **** out of it.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:53 PM   #37
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I agree with you completely. I can understand people being pissed with not getting retractable roofs, or having uniforms in the game that teams haven't used in x years, etc. Those are legitimate complaints, and understandable reasons to not buy the game, at least the roof issue is. But not buying the game because one little art issue is off. To be honest I didn't even realize it was off, and I could care less there are much bigger issues that need to be fixed before this type of stuff. Like getting the retractable roofs in the game, better stat tracking, etc.
Even those things are just eye candy if they don't affect gameplay.

As a Brewers fan, i think a retractable roof would be awesome, but still, it's not even close to a gamebreaker.

Maybe I'm just under critical of The Show, as coming from NHL to this has given me a new appreciation for how solid good gameplay and graphics can be. NHL has remained a steaming pile since NHL12, to the point that I can't even play it anymore. On the other hand, I'm still happily plugging away in MLB The Show 13, thanks to the gameplay being great, and having the customization available to me to allow me to keep current rosters if i want to.

The NHL team should get The Show's team to write them a book on how to make a good game. Then they should get that book tattooed on their bodies.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:29 PM   #38
Rookie

CornHoller's Arena

Icon11 Re: Graphics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Hey now, we aren't all like him. Although, speaking of ARod, if the Nike symbol isn't in the lower left hand corner of his sun glasses, I'm not buying the game this year. It not being there is just unacceptable.
If the Rays stadium graphics shows a crowd of 20,000 or more I will return the game. I demand realism!
Old 02-23-2015, 04:53 PM   #39
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I do not expect to see brand new player models until MLB 17 The Show at
the earliest if we even get them at all on the PS4.

Assuming the life cycle of the PS4 will be around the same as the life cycle of the PS3 (7 years), and since the player models have been the same dating back at least 3 or 4 years ago (I honestly don't know how long they've been the same but I've been playing the game since 11 I believe, and they've been the same that whole time), it would be really sad if we didn't get updated player models for over a full decade.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #40
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
Assuming the life cycle of the PS4 will be around the same as the life cycle of the PS3 (7 years), and since the player models have been the same dating back at least 3 or 4 years ago (I honestly don't know how long they've been the same but I've been playing the game since 11 I believe, and they've been the same that whole time), it would be really sad if we didn't get updated player models for over a full decade.
The player models were improved upon in 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »