Home

Graphics?

This is a discussion on Graphics? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #49
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Graphics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
From what I heard, NBA 2k models look great. The sad thing is, mlb could have those exact models, and we'd still get complaining.
But we'd get alot less of it.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:02 AM   #50
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Not to be a jerk, but this is the most ignorant statement I've ever heard on here... like seriously. This is by far and away the BEST sports game out there, and a GREAT representation of the sport it portrays, and you're not going to buy because the art is a little off? Hopefully you're not as nitpicky with food, otherwise you may starve to death. (I'm not trying to start anything with you man, just trying to get you to see how silly this statement is).
NBA 2k is the best sports game out there easily.

Until the Show improves their graphics (player models mainly) and their presentation improves greatly, to be on the level of some other sports games, that statement will continue to not be true.

But the Show does have the greatest gameplay ever IMO, so for that, it's second best in my book.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:49 AM   #51
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz

Until the Show improves their graphics (player models mainly) and their presentation improves greatly, to be on the level of some other sports games, that statement will continue to not be true.

But the Show does have the greatest gameplay ever IMO, so for that, it's second best in my book.
Yeah it's more about the bodies than it is the faces when generally speaking of 'player models'. Guys around here can work miracles with the face editor--the editor is actually pretty next gen even though some CAP makers desperately want more skin tones/textures/options. It's really only those blocky legacy torsos/legs/arms with minimally-detailed (token wrinkles) textures/layers/cloth physics that have people screaming that these graphics are not next gen. I realize SCEA has made some advances in skin tones/textures and lighting and am looking forward to see what that brings to immersion. It's not like they're doing nothing--they're doing the best they can no doubt.

SCEA can hit a homer with '16 if they do the carryover rosters, overhaul the stats, put in new player models, and keep working the commentary and franchise depth. But until that happens, although it's proper to respect what they bring to the table every year, I don't want them to get too comfortable. Visually, new player models would add an incredible amount to this game. It would be a game changer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 02:48 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
This is what i've been saying since last year...

Until the player models are improved, people will say the game looks the same.
I wonder if people realize that all the models were improved from PS3 to PS4. They act like nothing's happened and keep waiting for "Dat next gen upgrayd"
Old 02-24-2015, 02:59 AM   #53
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub
I wonder if people realize that all the models were improved from PS3 to PS4. They act like nothing's happened and keep waiting for "Dat next gen upgrayd"
Yeah, we are waiting for the next gen upgrade, you know, considering the fact that it's next gen (current gen now i guess).

And the models were improved, but they still look nearly the same to the ps3 models, just better versions if you will.

But the problems that existed with the ps3 models still exist on the ps4 models, two games into the cycle.

Old 02-24-2015, 04:33 AM   #54
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You play as the Mets, you should be used to power outages!
And a empty stadium!
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 02-24-2015, 09:02 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 4

Hey man, I was at Citi Field in September for the first game of the last series vs Astros... the stadium was decently full.. just saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 10:27 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

I agree with the guy you quoted. At least the Devs for the Show are here and ready to answer questions we have. You can't say the same about 2K. And most of the feedback that we give to the Show devs, they try to get into the game at some point. With 2K after they are done with patches all they care about is online or VC. I am going to leave it at that, but there are many more issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »