Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2015, 02:35 AM   #41
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed

I think the poll itself is not very fair; a large portion of that roughly 50% who say no to DD are people who simply aren't into online playing, and most posters in this thread are saying they prefer offline modes. Not very informative.

But one misconception is that DD is a mode for SCEA to make money. While it is true that some people have always been able to put a lot of real money into getting stubs, convert them into some currency of in-game value, and get ahead in DD, I believe few actually did so since playing DD and staying competitive doesn't require spending a lot of real money. (And that was part of the issue with DD in the past... being able to put together a very stacked team relatively easily, which made the mode play a bit arcade-ish.)

And I think it's true that The Show team isn't really into microtransactions to ruin the game experience. They totally can go in that direction, but haven't.

But those who criticize a mode like DD which can look like a cash-grab to some, it is actually a double-edged sword though. It is almost certainly incorrect to assume that a mode like DD takes resource away from doing something like "closed-roof stadium (building these features would take developers with different skill sets, so you aren't moving taking one resource and putting that into another), but if The Show team generates a much greater profit, perhaps off of microtransaction, they could actually get more developers with skills necessary to realize the features/additions that have not made it into the game simple because the team is tight on resources.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2015, 02:40 AM   #42
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Sounds like its time to get rid of this feature and open up some space and finally give us Created A Stadium
I wouldn't hold my breath on this. Wishful thinking though.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-19-2015, 02:44 AM   #43
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I think the poll itself is not very fair; a large portion of that roughly 50% who say no to DD are people who simply aren't into online playing, and most posters in this thread are saying they prefer offline modes. Not very informative.

But one misconception is that DD is a mode for SCEA to make money. While it is true that some people have always been able to put a lot of real money into getting stubs, convert them into some currency of in-game value, and get ahead in DD, I believe few actually did so since playing DD and staying competitive doesn't require spending a lot of real money. (And that was part of the issue with DD in the past... being able to put together a very stacked team relatively easily, which made the mode play a bit arcade-ish.)

And I think it's true that The Show team isn't really into microtransactions to ruin the game experience. They totally can go in that direction, but haven't.

But those who criticize a mode like DD which can look like a cash-grab to some, it is actually a double-edged sword though. It is almost certainly incorrect to assume that a mode like DD takes resource away from doing something like "closed-roof stadium (building these features would take developers with different skill sets, so you aren't moving taking one resource and putting that into another), but if The Show team generates a much greater profit, perhaps off of microtransaction, they could actually get more developers with skills necessary to realize the features/additions that have not made it into the game simple because the team is tight on resources.
This type of logical and rational thinking will not be tolerated sir!

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-19-2015, 02:50 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0
I'm not into Diamond Dynasty mode never have,in fact I'm not into the ultimate team modes and the whole collecting cards,not Madden,NHL,NBA 2k. Does nothing for me. I prefer true franchise mode! Apparently there are a lot of people out there that like these ultimate team modes,I'm just not one of them.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:46 AM   #45
Rookie

DeathMetal's Arena

OVR: 6

I've just never been into these card collecting build a team modes. I would much rather have the option to create teams in season and franchise, that is a million times more interesting to me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2015, 08:25 AM   #46
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

First off let me say that I didn't like the card collecting modes in Madden or in 2k but I will be trying this mode. I love they idea of collecting baseball cards, I did it growing up and I still have some albums laying around here somewhere. But one of my bigger concerns is the fact that over time, many team rosters can almost be identical.

Granted, you can chose who to put on your 25 man roster and build the team you want and at first I'm sure they're will be some diversity as people are growing their team/DD star player but I think after some time, it's gonna start looking similar. I think most are gonna want the best, it's only natural. The devs have said that it will be tough to get all the top players but it can be and probably will be done..This may not come to fruition as quickly or even at all but that is the thought I have. Still gonna give it a shot (offline play) and see how it all pans out.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:04 AM   #47
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

When I look at the results of this poll, "mixed" is not the word I would use to describe it. "Overwhelmingly against" playing it is how I would describe it. 51% no, 13% yes, the rest basically undecided or it isn't very important to them. "Mixed" to me would suggest the percentages of each option were closer to each other which isn't the case here.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 02-19-2015, 10:11 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 0

I will definitely play it this year the whole full team of created players was dumb to me and honestly I don't like that you still have one but can live with it.
The improvements look great and I'm excited for the mode.

But then again I love UT and myteam and always invest time in those modes and get a great team with no money spent I intend to do the same here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »