Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #49
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed

Good idea but I would not ever do DD it seems like a waste of resources to me, JMHO
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 02-19-2015, 01:20 PM   #50
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

The poll itself is greatly flawed. I would venture that every person who voted No would have voted no regardless of whether improvements were made.

Simply put, those who have never played DD and have no interest in ever playing DD are skewing the results by a huge margin. To really judge the reaction of the DD Revamp the question needs to be asked of DD players, not those who view DD as a waste of disk space (of which I would guess it takes up very little).
Old 02-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #51
Rookie

These changes have me seriously interested in DD for the first time ever.

Teams were stacked with all 99 guys in previous years to the point that is just got stupid. PCI covered the entire zone and it looked (and played) so boring to play baseball that way.

This time around, it won't be possible to have a team of all 99s.

I am still a bit concerned about eventual stacked teams, though, and think a way to combat that would be to have salary/card caps or something like that. Maybe have an "Unrestricted" mode of play where you can stack and then a "Restricted" mode where you cannot use more than a certain amount of Diamond/Gold/Silver cards, or whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2015, 02:59 PM   #52
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

OS is not really a place where DD would attract people. Most people here do not even play online and probably didn't even give the first 3 years of DD a chance.

When I mean giving a chance I mean playing more than 2 games after the first update.

This year's online was a mess though...no doubt.

Youtube
Old 02-19-2015, 03:22 PM   #53
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

In past games, I had zero interest in DD, other than the creating of uniforms. I just had no interest in using a bunch of fake players and training them.

This year, I love that I can earn players in any game mode so I can go about my usual franchise, rtts, and exhibition games for a while until I get burnt out with them. Then I can go over to DD and already be able to field a decent team that's just waiting for a name and new unis. I always loved doing fantasy drafts in franchise, and this seems like a great new spin on it.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:08 PM   #54
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Definitely going to try DD out this year for the first. Like the fact of having real baseball players and they don't have contracts that expire so it keeps it simple.

Will probably start this while waiting for the OSFM Roster to be completed then start my franchise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 02-19-2015, 05:14 PM   #55
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Tried it back in 2012 when it first came out, hated it. It was all over the place and that really turned me off. I like what they have done to it this year (3 years later after it debuted) and will DEFINITELY give it another try because frankly it looks awesome this year, but unfortunately may struggle devoting enough time to it to actually be worth playing it.

This mode has been out for 3 solid years now and it still hasn't caught on to probably what the devs would have liked (who am I to say, right? lol). I like the idea of the mode, but how many more years of tweaking and making adjustments to this game mode is it gonna take to make a 'MUST PLAY" game mode?

I say they scrap it if it's not successful this year, and implement a "pickup game" mode similar to All-Star Baseball 2004&2005. I played that a ton, and while quite simple, it was a mode that I enjoyed when I wanted to take a break from Franchise. Diamond Dynasty is a commitment, and the problem with that is that Franchise is my commitment, always has been from the start and always will be.

It's like trying to ride a bicycle while balancing bowling balls in each hand. It's daunting. Franchise has been the staple of MLB The Show. RTTS should come second.

Just my 2 pesos...

Last edited by Sco291; 02-19-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 06:55 AM   #56
Banned

I have to say,and I can only speak for myself,I really have never had any interested in Diamond Dynasty mode! They have hardly mentioned any thing about the quote Overhauled Dynasty/Franchise mode! I'm a lot more interested in that,since that as my favorite mode that I play. I also want to hear about this supposed MLB radio as well. I hope we are going to hear more about those two things very soon! Sorry for saying this stuff in this blog. None the less,March 31st can't get here fast enough! In fact this is my favorite time of the year,being I'm a huge diehard Baseball fan! Can't wait for spring training games to start and more importantly the regular season to start! Spring is right around the corner,warm temps sunny and can be outside more! This winter has been brutal and to depressing! It's hard to think about 95 to 100 degrees outside when it's minus 20 degrees outside right now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »