Home

MLB 15 The Show Power Rankings: Pitchers and Catchers Report Edition

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Power Rankings: Pitchers and Catchers Report Edition within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2015, 09:00 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
seriously, too much Theo love..Cubs at number 2, c'mon, after Lester the rotation is serviceable, many of their young players have yet to make their major league debut and well, it's the cubs…if it can go wrong, it will
Old 02-19-2015, 09:01 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3
no disrespect intended Ben
Old 02-20-2015, 12:02 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 15 The Show Power Rankings: Pitchers and Catchers Report Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Thanks Ghost!

Like I said in a post above, my rankings are usually a little out there because I evaluate teams differently. I'm a huge Sabr guy who loves big splash moves. I get that not everyone feels that way.
If these are ranked by "exciting factor" then fine, I get the Cubs being near the top, that makes sense. But that still doesn't explain how the White Sox and Padres are so low. They each had arguably the best offseasons this winter. If we are going "exciting factor" that people will want to have fun with, I'd rank the White Sox, Cubs, Padres, Dodgers, Marlins, Red Sox as the top 6 teams. They did the most exciting things this offseason, in my opinion.

And just by signing Yasmany Tomas, I'd move the Diamondbacks off of the #30 ranking. Tomas and Kang as the most exciting INT'L talent this year, IMO.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:10 AM   #60
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
In the worlds of Sir Charles.... turrible
Old 02-20-2015, 12:43 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2
I like how after the writer of this article EXPLAINED that the list is about playing with teams in MLB The Show 15, people are STILL up in arms with torches and rakes. Smh lol.

With that said the Yankees in the top 15? Besides Tanaka this team still looks boring as hell to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 12:54 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 0

yeah exactly

while I disagree about a few things on that list, I am sure if ANYONE did their own list there would be everybody complaining that there team is to high or to low.

as for MLB the show going by ratings yeah Yankees will always be in top 10 because all the time they are overrated big names who never perform (and I am a yankees fan)
Old 02-20-2015, 10:11 AM   #63
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlsantos
I like how after the writer of this article EXPLAINED that the list is about playing with teams in MLB The Show 15, people are STILL up in arms with torches and rakes. Smh lol.

With that said the Yankees in the top 15? Besides Tanaka this team still looks boring as hell to play with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemejoehome
yeah exactly

while I disagree about a few things on that list, I am sure if ANYONE did their own list there would be everybody complaining that there team is to high or to low.

as for MLB the show going by ratings yeah Yankees will always be in top 10 because all the time they are overrated big names who never perform (and I am a yankees fan)
no where in the original post did he/they state in "our" power rankings was this list based off teams that he/they want to use/play with in MLBTS15
Old 02-20-2015, 10:15 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
no where in the original post did he/they state in "our" power rankings was this list based off teams that he/they want to use/play with in MLBTS15
Yea he didn't say anything in the OP but he did say it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
First, I'll reiterate that this isn't a traditional power ranking. This is teams that people are going to want to play with in The Show based off of numerous things (ie why I mentioned stadiums in the article). So when people laugh at the Cubs ranking, I'm not actually saying the Cubs are the second best team in baseball. That's absurd.

Second, I actually love the Brew-Crew moving forward. I love teams that rely on power for offense. I'm a big fan of Gomez and I think Segura bounces back this year. I also really like the Pirates. But neither team made a huge splash this offseason, and I think that makes them less inviting to play with in MLB: The Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »