Home

MLB 15 The Show Player Rating Predictions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Player Rating Predictions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2015, 01:05 AM   #73
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 15 The Show Player Rating Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Oh man a cubs fan, well things are looking up for you guys this year. Good luck.
See I could be bitter about 1989 still, but I'm over that Will Clark, Kevin Mitchell, and Matt Williams type of stuff. I said I'm over it, ok
Old 02-23-2015, 01:20 AM   #74
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Bumgarner was an 89 last year, with proper pitch edits he was an 87. So even if you boost all of his pitching ratings by 10 he still falls short of a 99.

If you give him reasonable boosts to clutch, BB/9, and H/9 (+5-10), he's somewhere around 90, +/- 1-2.

If you want to take the postseason into account, you also have to include his horrid 2012 performance since the show rates on a weighted 3-year basis.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:52 AM   #75
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Yea I definitely don't think he should be a 99. And as far as the 2012 post season performance...still don't forget he didn't give up any earned runs at all in the World Series that year. In all 3 World Series he has only given up 1 run and that was a HR this past World Series. Which leads to the lowest ERA of a starting pitcher with like 25 innings pitched.

Either way all I said was Post Season performances have to be thrown in to the equation. Now whether it's for OVR or just Clutch I don't know. But we can't act like the post season performances never happened. That's where the difference between a great ball player and a legend is made!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 02:15 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
So which one of those other pitcher's would you have start game 7 of the World Series over Bumgarner?
That's completely irrelevant to who the better pitcher is. Players aren't judged and valued simply on their postseason merits. This isn't football.

Jon Jay hit .483 in the 2014 playoffs. Do you now consider him one of the best players in baseball based off that? Come on now.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:21 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Yea I definitely don't think he should be a 99. And as far as the 2012 post season performance...still don't forget he didn't give up any earned runs at all in the World Series that year. In all 3 World Series he has only given up 1 run and that was a HR this past World Series. Which leads to the lowest ERA of a starting pitcher with like 25 innings pitched.

Either way all I said was Post Season performances have to be thrown in to the equation. Now whether it's for OVR or just Clutch I don't know. But we can't act like the post season performances never happened. That's where the difference between a great ball player and a legend is made!

Clutch, it's 100% clutch.

His 88 postseason innings (holy crap, by the way) don't outweigh his 952 regular season innings.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:23 AM   #78
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
Clutch, it's 100% clutch.

His 88 postseason innings (holy crap, by the way) don't outweigh his 952 regular season innings.

No they definitely don't, but I'm saying as far as SCEA rates them, I don't know if they just mix the post season stats with regular season stats to get the OVR rating or they look at things like play off performances strictly for clutch...which in the end clutch I'm pretty sure can change someone's OVR right?

“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 02-23-2015, 03:38 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB 15 The Show Player Rating Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24;
Players aren't judged and valued simply on their postseason merits.

Tell that to Boston who overpaid considerably for Sandoval after his postseason performance haha.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #80
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
That's completely irrelevant to who the better pitcher is. Players aren't judged and valued simply on their postseason merits. This isn't football.

Jon Jay hit .483 in the 2014 playoffs. Do you now consider him one of the best players in baseball based off that? Come on now.
Not enough pop in his bat for that and other than this past year his post season numbers were abysmal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »