Home

Old 02-23-2015, 01:51 PM   #9
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: BJ Upton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kershmoney
He will likely be DFA'd in the first month of the season and will never be heard from again so this isn't a big issue.
People that say these things do not know much about baseball and the economics of it.

Probably too late to make many changes. Perhaps the name but not the commentary.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #10
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon13 Re: BJ Upton

Who cares no one in their right mind would trade for him and if you're the braves you would be looking to move him for a bag of balls. He's insignificant
Old 02-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #11
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kershmoney
He will likely be DFA'd in the first month of the season and will never be heard from again so this isn't a big issue.
I doubt the Braves are going to want to eat $45 million, because nobody is going to claim him or trade for him at this point in his career.

Anyway, my guess is that it will be fixed, as most likely Melvin is already in the database. If not, it'd take about 5 minutes for it to be voiced then added in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 05:22 PM   #12
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I doubt the Braves are going to want to eat $45 million, because nobody is going to claim him or trade for him at this point in his career.

Anyway, my guess is that it will be fixed, as most likely Melvin is already in the database. If not, it'd take about 5 minutes for it to be voiced then added in.
I'm going to guess the other way, it's just not a big deal with so many other things needing final touch ups.
Especially since I'm guesstimating the game is most likely going "gold', as another thread calls it, by the end of the week. Definitely by the middle of next week.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:47 PM   #13
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

His name on the roster screens and stuff may show up as Melvin. That doesnt seem like that hard of a thing to change. But his commentary name will still be BJ most likely.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #14

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't think anything will change. I don't think you can just change the text and not the audio since they are tied together.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't think anything will change. I don't think you can just change the text and not the audio since they are tied together.
Yep like I said in another post giancarlo stanton was still Michael Stanton, I think it was in 2012 and they never changed it the entire year. because it's a in game player too we can't edit the game ourselves, if it's really a problem we can always re create him I am sure Melvin would be in their to have in there, Upton would be not the JR part though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 03:56 PM   #16
Rookie

grangdj77's Arena

From the stream Thursday. Let's hope the audio is in there too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »