Home

Is the game worth it for someone who doesn't know baseball?

This is a discussion on Is the game worth it for someone who doesn't know baseball? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #1
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

OVR: 0
Is the game worth it for someone who doesn't know baseball?

Hello guys, I'm here to ask for some help before making a possible mistake. Games like NHL and Madden really helped me to understand the basics (and even more) of their respective sports. And now I want to get into baseball but I don't know anything about it.

So I was thinking about buying MLB The Show. That way I could know the game better while having fun instead of just reading tons of things or watching games that I don't know anything about. Problem is: I live in Brazil and games here are somewhat expensive. If I buy it and don't like it, it will be a huge waste of money. And I don't know anybody who has the game to lend it to me

I know it's a hard question to make but I really need some help here. Thank you all in advance.
I am the captain of my soul"

New York Islanders | Utah Jazz | Kansas City Chiefs | Aston Villa | Brazil!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is the game worth it for someone who doesn't know baseball?

The Show is the best sports sim on the marked IMO. Baseball has always been far and away my favorite sport however. As for using it as a learning tool, I would probably buy 14 at the reduced price, and if you like it go ahead and purchase 15 when it comes out. That'd give you a month to get used to it. From my experience, I have purchased games of sports I have never watched, and knew nothing about before, and just couldn't get into them due to my lack of knowledge. But if Madden, and the NFL games helped you like those sports, maybe this one will too. If you do decide to buy a baseball game make sure it is the show, I wouldn't try any of the others besides maybe PYS for the Playstation 3. You have to have it imported from Japan though. But again I would go ahead and buy 14 and get used to it and then buy 15 if you like it. Hope this helps.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-23-2015, 01:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would buy it. The game is almost completely customizable. If you only want to hit during a game, and not worry about baserunning, you can do that. Sim innings when your team is on the field. You can just pitch, and turn the fielding to automatic. You can turn on the CPI and have the catcher call pitches for you and all you have to do is execute. There's a whole list of things you can do to enjoy the game while you catch up on how the actual game is played.

Go for it!
Old 02-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #4
Rookie

The Show made me a baseball fan
Old 02-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #5
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

Thank you very much, guys. Like Bronxbombers21325 said, I bought 14 on the PS Store as it was a lot cheaper, obviously, so I won't lose much if I don't like it hahahaha. Thanks for the help again. This thread can be closed now
I am the captain of my soul"

New York Islanders | Utah Jazz | Kansas City Chiefs | Aston Villa | Brazil!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #6
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaa23
Thank you very much, guys. Like Bronxbombers21325 said, I bought 14 on the PS Store as it was a lot cheaper, obviously, so I won't lose much if I don't like it hahahaha. Thanks for the help again. This thread can be closed now
Thread closed per OP request
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »