Home

MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode Stream Full Recap/Notes

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode Stream Full Recap/Notes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2015, 05:54 PM   #33
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Franchise Mode Stream Full Recap/Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Ramone, could you give us an idea of how many pitches correlate with a certain stamina level? So, how many pitches it takes for someone with 80 stamina rating to get to that 20% level?

I play with all visual cues off, so it can be tough for me to gauge when my pitcher is getting tired, until I get the "pitcher is tired" cue, considering there really aren't any visual cues to go off of (arm slot dropping, pitches consistently missing high, losing depth and sharpness to breaking pitch, etc.).

Maybe further explanation about how pitch count affects stamina? Does throwing 30 pitches in an inning have a more detrimental affect on stamina than throwing 30 pitches over 3 innings? Is there a more of an effect to stamina on "stressful" pitches (i.e. runner on 3rd, bases loaded, runners on base late in a game, etc.) over "less stressful" pitches (bases empty, pitching with a big lead).

That's easy just create a few pitchers each with different stamina levels and pitch with them until you see the "getting tired prompt". If you play with all visual ques off then you need to turn them back on if you want to know when your guy is getting tired. A pitch is a pitch C.Kershaw doesn't get any more fatigued throwing a 3-1 pitch with the bases loaded than he does a 0-2 pitch with no one on.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:03 PM   #34
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That's easy just create a few pitchers each with different stamina levels and pitch with them until you see the "getting tired prompt". If you play with all visual ques off then you need to turn them back on if you want to know when your guy is getting tired. A pitch is a pitch C.Kershaw doesn't get any more fatigued throwing a 3-1 pitch with the bases loaded than he does a 0-2 pitch with no one on.
For classic pitching does holding the button until vibration (max effort) versus tapping the button drain more stamina from your pitcher?
Old 02-28-2015, 06:07 PM   #35
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
For classic pitching does holding the button until vibration (max effort) versus tapping the button drain more stamina from your pitcher?
Affirmative
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 0

[quote=rjackson;2047095277]I am still confused by this statement:

All draft picks and minor leaguers can only be signed to one-year deals.

Can SCEA Devs explain detail if this true .
Old 02-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
All of MLB 15's new facial scans and skin tones will be automatically applied to imported MLB 14 roster files...
Imported roster files?

I know that probably just means the rosters that are on imported Franchise and RTTS files, unless there's something I missed.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that created players will somehow be able to be transferred from 14 to 15, and beyond.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:14 PM   #38
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
That's easy just create a few pitchers each with different stamina levels and pitch with them until you see the "getting tired prompt". If you play with all visual ques off then you need to turn them back on if you want to know when your guy is getting tired.
Thanks for the response. I kinda figured that's what I would get. Not a huge deal though.

Quote:
A pitch is a pitch C.Kershaw doesn't get any more fatigued throwing a 3-1 pitch with the bases loaded than he does a 0-2 pitch with no one on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Quote:
Affirmative
This kind of speaks to what I'm talking about. The amount of effort involved with each pitch, which I completely forgot about. So the game does account for what I was asking about, if you utilize it.

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 02-28-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:32 PM   #39
Rookie

ywnincorporated's Arena

OVR: 0

Did anyone mention how they came up with the ages for the legends in Franchise mode? Seemed to be a bit of an age gap between some of them which affects their value quite a bit.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Imported roster files?

I know that probably just means the rosters that are on imported Franchise and RTTS files, unless there's something I missed.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that created players will somehow be able to be transferred from 14 to 15, and beyond.
it only applies to imported rosters that are being used in an existing franchise/RTTS file.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »