Home

MLB 15 The Show Uniform Colors

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Uniform Colors within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
Rookie

BFig's Arena

OVR: 2

Alright guys, specifically black Jerseys, have you noticed how off the black jerseys are in the game? The Pirates, Orioles, Marlins, etc their black jersey's are almost grey or charcoal. It seems in 15 they haven't been changed. Anyone got an opinion on it?

TOP: MLB 14

MIDDLE: MLB 15

BOTTOM: ACTUAL COLOR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MLB14TheShow_20140609231733_zps81648f58.jpg (81.8 KB, 430 views)
File Type: png B-QYIq6CUAAWcCD.png (368.9 KB, 428 views)
File Type: jpg hi-res-150885706_crop_exact.jpg (13.2 KB, 428 views)

Last edited by BFig; 03-02-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2015, 05:55 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0

They still look somewhat grey but, based on the pictures you posted, they look closer to black (darker) this year. That could just be down to lighting though.

Maybe they know something we don't about the true color of the Pirates based on their color algorithms. Maybe the underarmor is actually blacker than it should be. No idea.

I hope they get it right for release, whatever that means.

Last edited by Jimmydm90; 03-02-2015 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #3
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Uniform Colors

The Devs said, during the first stream I believe, that they were still working on uniforms. I look for this issue to be fixed by release.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-02-2015, 01:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Sporting Zoo's Arena

Jays' blue was off a bit too, nothing horrendous mind you, just enough to be noticable
Old 03-02-2015, 02:42 PM   #5
Rookie

blueandwhite's Arena

OVR: 1

FWIW, I'm more interested in the fact that the Pirates' "P" is substantially smaller in the game than in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2015, 03:40 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite
FWIW, I'm more interested in the fact that the Pirates' "P" is substantially smaller in the game than in real life.

Not to mention its color is off. The Pirates are yellow and it looks like the jersey has some kind of spicy mustard color.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #7
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Pointed all of this out last year. Was told my eyes and TV were the culprit by most people here ha.

The Pirates uniforms could certainly use some work. Especially noticeable since the Buccos wear those black alternates so often, during both home and away games.

When you watch them play a game on TV the black is jet black. It doesn't reflect gray as much as this game would suggest, which gives a washed-out look when playing. The strange thing is that the base-layer beneath the jersey looks to be nearly ideal for the level of black that would match real life.

The P is certainly too small in comparison to real life and the yellow is a few shades off of what is actually worn. I have a game used jersey in this style hanging in my closet and when I pull it out the colors pop.

These certainly aren't game breaking issues by any means, but hopefully with the new color matching technology SCEA is using they can fix some of these issues. And by bringing it to attention that should only help expedite the process, hopefully. The devs do such a great job with the game and the interaction and feedback it is refreshing to be able to have this kind of access and rapport as a fan of a video game.

Oh, and somebody needs to feed digital Clint Hurdle some carbs. He is a little tubbier than what he looks like in the game.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #8
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I know I may be in the minority, but I can live with colors being slightly off.
And when I hear Aguero90 complain how much they're off, then I'll change my tune
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »