Home

Josh Hamilton suspension?

This is a discussion on Josh Hamilton suspension? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2015, 08:48 AM   #1
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Josh Hamilton suspension?

Just curious, do real life suspensions get handled in MLB The Show similar to real life injuries, in that the player gets moved down to AAA in a roster update? Or are suspensions ignored due to MLB's rules, and rosters are not updated, as if nothing happened?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
Rookie

ped3328's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Josh Hamilton suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Just curious, do real life suspensions get handled in MLB The Show similar to real life injuries, in that the player gets moved down to AAA in a roster update? Or are suspensions ignored due to MLB's rules, and rosters are not updated, as if nothing happened?
When the Show '14 came out last year, A-Rod was put in AAA by SCEA due to his season-long suspension. I suppose the same logic will apply should Josh Hamilton be suspended for the beginning of 2015. Once he is reinstated, SCEA will update their roster accordingly. Personally, I would put him in A ball during his suspension. If he's suspended, he cannot play anywhere. I did the same thing with A-Rod last year... and did not miss him one bit!
Old 03-05-2015, 11:22 AM   #3
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I'd expect Hamilton to be on the MLB team on the default roster that ships with the game, but in Class-A with the first roster update.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:40 PM   #4
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I SCEA would make advancements in their rosters so that roster updates would include disabled and suspension lists. I never liked having to go through the minors to find MLB players.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 03-05-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Just add a manual injury to him for the length of his suspension prior to starting a franchise.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #6
MVP

I would assume that Hamilton will be there on the default SCEA rosters on March 31st. Because I play MLB The Show as a "Season Mode" gamer, if he gets anything less than one year, I will keep him on the rosters as if nothing ever happened but if he does get a one year suspension I will remove him myself from the roster prior to starting my season. However if I was a multi-year franchise player (which I am not) I would keep him on the roster.

As much as I like to try and mirror the real world season, I have given up on trying to emulate it.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:41 PM   #7
Rookie

ped3328's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I would assume that Hamilton will be there on the default SCEA rosters on March 31st. Because I play MLB The Show as a "Season Mode" gamer, if he gets anything less than one year, I will keep him on the rosters as if nothing ever happened but if he does get a one year suspension I will remove him myself from the roster prior to starting my season. However if I was a multi-year franchise player (which I am not) I would keep him on the roster.

As much as I like to try and mirror the real world season, I have given up on trying to emulate it.
I am also a ''Season Mode'' gamer. When the game comes out, I update my 40-Men roster right away, replacing whoever fake players were put on the 40-Men roster by ''real'' players with their name, jersey #, age, height, weight, etc. When the roster wizards upload their ''stuff'' in the roster vault, I then download my missing players so that their face will reflect the ''real thing''. I'm good to go after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »