Home

Online Franchise Improvements in MLB The Show 15?

This is a discussion on Online Franchise Improvements in MLB The Show 15? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2015, 01:57 PM   #9
Rookie

goplen5's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online Franchise Improvements in MLB The Show 15?

Last year was actually my first year doing online franchise, and I enjoyed. Still prefer offline, but online was fun with friends.

I still would have liked to see a few minor improvements in Online, because they kind of derailed it for me.

1.) being able to edit appearances in online during the year. I don't need to change stats (nor do I want to), but changing numbers and gear would have been nice.

2.) most importantly, there were just some weird things that happened. The main one was the pitching rotations. I played against numerous teams that would keep starting their Ace, despite him being out of energy. I played a couple of 3 games series' where I faced the ace back to back days.

3.) trades got kind of crazy. There were multiple times where a guy would get traded 4 times in a week. Once a trade went through, it just got crazy. I had to monitor trades and veto as necessary.

4.) I would like to see some of the offline features available. Minor league teams, sponsors now, and some more items like that. The trade logic was much better though.

The one thing that I actually liked about playing online was that it made me stick with the team I created. Trades were final, and I was forced to play through the year. It was pretty sweet. Before, I would load up a save, trade and create a great team, and reload if I didn't like it.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:28 PM   #10
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
I would hope that both online / offline(not really offline with stubs etc) would have the same features like custom divisions, stat tracking etc.
Last year you couldn't customize divisions in offline franchise, & since we haven't already heard you can now in '15, I'll assume you can only do it in in online franchise
#44Syracuse
Old 03-08-2015, 01:44 PM   #11
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The feature set is the same as last year. The entire focus for online and the modes was improved stability and online gameplay.
So basically you are saying it's broken? Stamina did not work for position players. Schedule was same every season. Relief pitchers on MLB team wouldn't show up in game. Opposing players could only get hurt if you were playing them. Alot of issues that needed to be fixed

So no additions from offline are in online? Trade logic? New contract screen/enhancement. Radio show? This is disappointing. I wouldn't doubt if they pull the plug on OF because "not enough play it to keep it in". I love the idea. Me and my buddy played 8-9 seasons. All we want is to share in the same franchise.

Last edited by eric7064; 03-08-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #12
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
So basically you are saying it's broken? Stamina did not work for position players. Schedule was same every season. Relief pitchers on MLB team wouldn't show up in game. Opposing players could only get hurt if you were playing them. Alot of issues that needed to be fixed

So no additions from offline are in online? Trade logic? New contract screen/enhancement. Radio show? This is disappointing. I wouldn't doubt if they pull the plug on OF because "not enough play it to keep it in". I love the idea. Me and my buddy played 8-9 seasons. All we want is to share in the same franchise.
He said the feature set is the same as last year. He did not say things that did not function properly last year would be the same.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:05 PM   #13
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Online players of TheShow are in the minority. I don't believe there are enough online fans to put a whole lot of resources into it.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-08-2015, 05:20 PM   #14
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Online players of TheShow are in the minority. I don't believe there are enough online fans to put a whole lot of resources into it.
Diamond Dynasty is an online mode.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:18 PM   #15
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

They are a minority because online is unplayable. Nobody would play madden online if you couldn't throw a pass. Same concept. I'm not saying a great online expierence would make tons of people play it. But I gurantee a **** ton more would.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #16
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Thats ridiculous. Its 2015 and alot of people like to play online. Look at every other sports title.

The problem is that people are turned off by the inconsistencies of online and SDS did not fix anything this past year.

Fortunately the game is so good that offline can be a fun alternative, but they are losing out on a huge market if they dont fix their online. Not to mention the money they can make from DD with microtransactions.

Youtube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »