Home

MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players at Each Position

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players at Each Position within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2015, 02:08 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Does SD Studios realize that Bumgarner is the best WS pitcher of all time? I am pretty sure that the answer is no, because a 92 doesn't reflect his talent. But, maybe I am taking postseason too much into account. I just thought that he had finally proven himself as the supreme beer guzzler and a top 3 pitcher. Jordan Zimmerman should be top-10 too. He might be tied with all those 92s.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:27 AM   #34
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Thumbs down Re: MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players at Each Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanreyes
Does SD Studios realize that Bumgarner is the best WS pitcher of all time? I am pretty sure that the answer is no, because a 92 doesn't reflect his talent. But, maybe I am taking postseason too much into account. I just thought that he had finally proven himself as the supreme beer guzzler and a top 3 pitcher. Jordan Zimmerman should be top-10 too. He might be tied with all those 92s.

They rate based on a 3 yr average with last yr weighing the heaviest of the 3 seasons. I don't think they take Postseason into account when ratings. Some guys just happen to step up come the postseason, but are just descent during the season, for instance Andy Pettitte over the years, just a pretty good pitcher during the season, but great come postseason, same with the Panda once the Postseason hits. Could Madbum probably be a little higher up, yeah I would probably agree to that, and if he starts the season out on fire, they will bump him up no doubt.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-07-2015, 03:33 AM   #35
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players at Each Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
They rate based on a 3 yr average with last yr weighing the heaviest of the 3 seasons. I don't think they take Postseason into account when ratings. Some guys just happen to step up come the postseason, but are just descent during the season, for instance Andy Pettitte over the years, just a pretty good pitcher during the season, but great come postseason, same with the Panda once the Postseason hits. Could Madbum probably be a little higher up, yeah I would probably agree to that, and if he starts the season out on fire, they will bump him up no doubt.
its reflected by them getting a better clutch rating.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 04:15 AM   #36
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
its reflected by them getting a better clutch rating.

I didn't know they did that,although does make some sense to boost that a little, all I knew was they rated based on the 3 yr average with last y weighing the heaviest of the 3, I think 50% of it is based on the last season actually.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-07-2015, 10:22 AM   #37
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

Cant be a prisoner of the moment when rating a player.
The 3 yr avg of a players performance makes sense to me. Gotta be the "flavor of 3-4 yrs" instead of "flavor of the month" to get a logical overall rating.
As mentioned, Kluber is a good example. I wish he was higher and he obviously had a great year last year. I agree with the bump in overall for this year but hopefully that will continue for the next few years and he wont be just a flash in the pan, therefore improving his overall even more in future MLBTS games.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:49 PM   #38
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Everth a top 10 shortstop? I'm surprised.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #39
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsareBugs
Everth a top 10 shortstop? I'm surprised.

Maybe the shredder did some of these ratings,lol. Or Brian Kinney, although I don't think the ratings are as bad as Kinney and the Shredder would do

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-07-2015, 08:26 PM   #40
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Top Rated Players at Each Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
Catchers are looking underrated this year. Salvador Perez at 82, lower than McCann? Mesoraco at 81?

I'm still glad Miguel's at 99 and Price at 92 sounds right.
Me too, but it makes me curious how hard Verlander got knocked down by his last season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »