Home

MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2015, 06:48 AM   #57
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
And Jayson Werth as an 87 ... maybe during his FA year, but geesh!
Old 03-07-2015, 10:13 AM   #58
Rookie

CubsWillRiseAgain's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Player Ratings - Top Rated Players For Each Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
The ratings are pretty terrible.
Agreed, but i love that they added editable potential so we can fix a lot of it, and we can fix a lot of it anyway with a little editing
Old 03-07-2015, 10:23 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
I'm a Cubs fan. I think Rizzo is fine when you look at the 1B above him. Plus he's an A he will progress well over a franchise. I agree on Castro. 3x all star an 80?! Cmon. But comparing a 31 yr old established pitcher potential to a young up and coming All-Star? Lester is 30 he won't rise much in overall. Potential does not mean much at his age.
Look at Rizzo's numbers (youre a cub fan so you know as well as i do how fantastic he was last year).These numbers are monster numbers. He was in the top 10 in MVP voting. Having him at an 84 is absurd, should be at least an 88-90.

http://http://www.fangraphs.com/stat...?playerid=3473
Old 03-07-2015, 10:28 AM   #60
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Photos are in the game but they were using fantasy draft. Fantasy draft changes all the player pictures in to the videogame versions of the players.

Same thing happens when a player gets traded in the game because they want them to have the correct team hat.
That's the one thing I wish the Show never did! I'd rather have as example( if Rizzo got traded back to Boston from Cubs I'd rather have his real portrait with a Cubs hat on than a generic picture with a Red Sox hat) JMO
Old 03-07-2015, 10:34 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
That's the one thing I wish the Show never did! I'd rather have as example( if Rizzo got traded back to Boston from Cubs I'd rather have his real portrait with a Cubs hat on than a generic picture with a Red Sox hat) JMO

Is there a button to like something 1000 times? (:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #62
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsWillRiseAgain
Look at Rizzo's numbers (youre a cub fan so you know as well as i do how fantastic he was last year).These numbers are monster numbers. He was in the top 10 in MVP voting. Having him at an 84 is absurd, should be at least an 88-90.

http://http://www.fangraphs.com/stat...?playerid=3473
But last year is only counts to 50% of his total.
The year before he batted .233 with more strikeouts and fewer HRs in more games.

Not to mention that the overall rating is more, I assume, than just batting stats.

As I said earlier in the thread, whether or not you like the rating of your favorite player, those players overall rating was chosen using the same formula as the other players at his position. They should be fair for the most part.

It's also interesting to note that most of those who are complaining about ranking are all making arguments that the star players on their favorite teams are too low. We all have bias towards our favorite teams.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
But last year is only counts to 50% of his total.
The year before he batted .233 with more strikeouts and fewer HRs in more games.

Not to mention that the overall rating is more, I assume, than just batting stats.

As I said earlier in the thread, whether or not you like the rating of your favorite player, those players overall rating was chosen using the same formula as the other players at his position. They should be fair for the most part.

It's also interesting to note that most of those who are complaining about ranking are all making arguments that the star players on their favorite teams are too low. We all have bias towards our favorite teams.
I think itd be all bias if i just stood back "Ah RIZZOS DA BEST PLAYER" but i linked his fangraphs page, stated how he deserves a better rating.

And if you're worried about his defense, i believe his numbers last year had him a terrfic first baseman..... Its not just offense (:

And about the previous year thing, i dont think it matters much as they have Corey Kluber incredibly high (which he should be, he was freaking awesome lol)
Old 03-07-2015, 11:00 AM   #64
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

While I sympathise with the online guys, I'm purely offline so I'm good if scea's ratings are a little off or a lot off. I can fix it & while it's more work for me, they've already done the bulk of the heavy lifting anyways.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »