Home

While Waiting For OSFM

This is a discussion on While Waiting For OSFM within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2015, 11:27 PM   #17
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: While Waiting For OSFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWGrizwold
I can't find it searching and pretty sure it was answered but if you carry over a franchise will the new rookies added and players that changed teams have the updated player cards and faces?
I believe yes if they were created by SCEA, no if they weren't.

Edit: From FAQ compiled on TSN

Will this licensed equipment magically on players in all rosters, or just the official SCEA rosters?
Quote:
Any player that was created by us will have updated face scans, skin tones, and equipment.

Last edited by MatrixTN; 03-12-2015 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:50 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Started a 1998 season that I will be carrying over and playing until then. Should be able to get pretty far, if not finish, by the time they are done.

― Plato
Old 03-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
This is going to be the first year I dive into the OSFM. I know it takes about a month after release for the OSFM to come out and I'd like to wait for that before I start my RTTS and Franchise.

So my question is, for those who use OSFM, what do you do during the wait?
I play RTTS and just so some Sim franchise modes without playing any games just doing all the GM stuff for fun.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:22 PM   #20
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm just gonna continue my franchise from last year and my RTTS guy. When the new OSFM roster drops I'll start another franchise to go along with the other one.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:57 PM   #21
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
This is going to be the first year I dive into the OSFM. I know it takes about a month after release for the OSFM to come out and I'd like to wait for that before I start my RTTS and Franchise.

So my question is, for those who use OSFM, what do you do during the wait?
I actually start up a franchise with default rosters but with a team I don't really care about, just to get the hang of it by the time OFSM comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 09:42 PM   #22
Rookie

LittleWall's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I was just planning on playing a bunch of quick games, but then it occured to me, i might as well just carry over my RTTS from 14 while i wait for OSFM and then start my new RTTS.

I wasn't planning on using the carry over feature, but it worked out.
For some reason this hadn't even occurred to me.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:07 AM   #23
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Not waiting this year. Ive used OSFM for several years now, but its hard enough trying to play through a whole season, and to me, its not worth waiting anymore. The pushed back release date has killed osfm for me. In the past they used to release around opening day. Now the season is a quarter of the way over when they release and by then Ive already put a ton of time into the game. There are several big games coming out this summer, so if I have any prayer of finishing a season, I need to get started right away.

Ill just use the official SCEA opening day roster. I just wish the show would let you import players into an existing franchise. Id love to import the top rookies for my team after osfm comes out and just replace the fake players at a later date. Same with importing the new SCEA caps they release each week. Im really not sure why this isnt a feature yet.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:23 AM   #24
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Not waiting this year. Ive used OSFM for several years now, but its hard enough trying to play through a whole season, and to me, its not worth waiting anymore. The pushed back release date has killed osfm for me. In the past they used to release around opening day. Now the season is a quarter of the way over when they release and by then Ive already put a ton of time into the game. There are several big games coming out this summer, so if I have any prayer of finishing a season, I need to get started right away.

Ill just use the official SCEA opening day roster. I just wish the show would let you import players into an existing franchise. Id love to import the top rookies for my team after osfm comes out and just replace the fake players at a later date. Same with importing the new SCEA caps they release each week. Im really not sure why this isnt a feature yet.
They will release before the end of April most likely. Thats not even 1/6th of the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »