Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #161
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
Gameplay is phenomenal, but at some point it gets boring having he same experience playing the game 4 years in a row.
Um, it's baseball. It's not going to change. The experience doesn't change, because the game hasn't changed in over 100 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 03:53 PM   #162
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Developer Tournament Featuring Gameplay All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Um, it's baseball. It's not going to change. The experience doesn't change, because the game hasn't changed in over 100 years.
I think this is what he's hoping to see next year:

Old 03-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #163
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I think this is what he's hoping to see next year:

The actual game doesn't change.

But there is plenty of variety in presentation styles used by certain broadcasts, and many different commentary teams with their own styles.

And i'm pretty sure that's what he means by change. Presentation and commentary aspects. (Personally, i'm fine with commentary and presentation, although some new presentation would go a long way in making the game feel less "stale" i guess).

Old 03-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #164
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
The actual game doesn't change.

But there is plenty of variety in presentation styles used by certain broadcasts, and many different commentary teams with their own styles.

And i'm pretty sure that's what he means by change. Presentation and commentary aspects. (Personally, i'm fine with commentary and presentation, although some new presentation would go a long way in making the game feel less "stale" i guess).
If this is the case, he should've said presentation, but he said gameplay, so I had to go with that for my rebuttal.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:06 PM   #165
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Quote:
If this is the case, he should've said presentation, but he said gameplay, so I had to go with that for my rebuttal.
He prefaced it by saying gameplay is phenomenal, so i figured he meant everything else is getting stale.

I don't even see how gameplay can get stale.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2015, 04:21 PM   #166
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

I can't even begin to imagine the time it would take to replace the commentary team. Maybe I am wrong here but I am guessing that the time it takes to record everything they need to make the commentary seem as seamless as it does is huge.

Remember, this year alone the fact sheet states that there are:

Quote:
Over 1,700 new lines of play-by-play content
Over 1,400 new lines of color commentary
Old 03-14-2015, 04:46 PM   #167
FA

Factzzz's Arena

For the first 5 innings of the Giants/White Sox game, all the players are wearing their normal gear.

Then after the bottom of the 6th inning, all the players have long sleeves on all of a sudden, like the temperature dropped to the threshold for long sleeves, and it just auto put long sleeves on all the players in the middle of the game.

This is unrealistic, maybe a glitch?

Last edited by Factzzz; 03-14-2015 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:06 PM   #168
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I had pretty much the entire 8 hour stream on as background noise as I was doing other things and I have to say it was bro-tastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
They did say pitch breaks were improved for created players. But yeah all the created pitchers will have the same break. Wonder how that'll effect the OSFM hybrid.
If all CAPs have the same pitch breaks, then it'll be no different than it's always been so I don't think it'll change the Hybrid or regular OSFM roster at all.

The more concerning issue is what MrOldBoy brought up. Potentially not being able to edit SCEA pitches will be a serious hindrance in any pitch edit effort. The real hope then would be that SCEA's stock pitches are now good enough that we wouldn't need to edit pitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I can't even begin to imagine the time it would take to replace the commentary team. Maybe I am wrong here but I am guessing that the time it takes to record everything they need to make the commentary seem as seamless as it does is huge.

Remember, this year alone the fact sheet states that there are:
I wonder how many lines of commentary there already were? If there are 1700 new lines of this and 1400 new lines of that and we haven't really heard much of them in any streams, then what situations do the new lines appear in? Or is 1700 and 1400 just a really small amount compared to what there was to begin with? On the stream, Kirby mentioned home run calls and deep fly balls were an area of emphasis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
For the first 5 innings of the Giants/White Sox game, all the players are wearing their normal gear.

Then after the bottom of the 6th inning, all the players have long sleeves on all of a sudden, like the temperature dropped to the threshold for long sleeves, and it just auto put long sleeves on all the players in the middle of the game.

This is unrealistic, maybe a glitch?
I don't think there's any reason players can't change in mid game, although certainly all of them doing it would qualify as unrealistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »